"Learn to drive? How dare you. I can drive just fine. It's you, you insolent little insect, who needs to slow down on a suburban road instead of driving like a maniac!" His voice slowly got louder as he spoke. "Now incase you haven't noticed, It is pouring with rain, your truck is fine, and I have a freezing daughter who is in shock with no ride home as you so brilliantly smashed my car to smithereens."

The truck driver glared before stepping up to shove Lucifer in the chest. Of course it did nothing and Lucifer didn't move an inch. The driver tried again, pushing his weight through his hands into Lucifer's chest. He then tried a different tactic and threw a punch to Lucifer's face. But Dad swiped the arm away and reached through to grab the guys throat.

"That was a mistake." The guy looked down at him in fear and wriggled in the air where Lucifer had lifted him.

"Dad don't." I tried to walk forward to stop him but my legs gave way from weakness. He looked down at me in concern as I fell. "Please." I begged him, too tired to see him hurt a human, no matter how much of a prick he was. It worked and Lucifer released the guy who fell to the sidewalk, struggling to stand to his feet and coughing in air as he ran off, glancing over his shoulder every few steps.

Lucifer turned away and grabbed out his phone.

"Hello detective. Yes I am currently stuck in the rain with Lauren and no car to drive home. Right. I see. Okay fine but don't send anyone annoying." He hung up the phone and walked towards me, lifting me to my feet and holding me close in order to prevent me from getting any more cold. " The detective is sending someone to pick us up." I couldn't do anything to reply other than nod in exhaustion.

When the dark car rolled up and stopped at the curb, the rain had slowed to a steady drum, still pouring but visibility was somewhat restored. The window rolled down and I smiled to see the familiar face of Dan inside the car.

"Alright you two, get in." Lucifer helped me into the backseat before getting into the front himself. "So what trouble did you two get yourselves into this time?"

"None of your business Danie-"

"Dad crashed the car." I interrupted. He swiveled round to glare at me and I smiled innocently. I had told him not to drive in the rain and he didn't listen so now he was going to pay for not listening to me.

"Of course you did." Dan sighed tiredly.

"Before you give me your usual lecture Daniel, I would like to state that the truck we crashed into was basically half onto my side of the road and going way too fast for a suburban area," Lucifer defended.

"You still crashed it." I muttered. He was yet to thank me for saving his ass and I wasn't about to remind him. 

"Right. Well I'll drop you both home then we'll sort it out later." That was Dan-code for please drop it, I'm sick of the subject.

We rode in silence for the rest of the trip.

***

When are we getting to the important bit? You still haven't said anything about-.

Yeah yeah, hold your horses, I promise I'll get there but you have to know this bit first.

Right. Well you better hurry up. My patience is wearing thin.

Fine. But if you keep interrupting me then we'll never get there. Anyway...

***

"Hey, I had a thought." I look over at Lucifer who hadn't stopped his melodious notes on the piano. "We angels self actualize, right, so we basically control when we are mortal or immortal and whether we can use our powers or not."

"Okay, and?"

"Well you're technically half angel, devil, thing-"

"Thing?" I smirk at his choice of words.

"Well not thing. Person. Anyway. I was wondering if you could do that too." Hmm, I had never thought about it like that.

"Do you think I could? It would definitely help with being your kid and everything." Lucifer's next note falters before continuing as if nothing happened. He obviously still felt guilty about everything that had happened during our time knowing the other existed.

"Yes. I think it's a possibility. You obviously have some sort of divine power within you or you wouldn't have wings or your teleportation or empathic abilities. So what would stop you from being able to become immortal as well." It made sense. In a way. But the thought that I could actually do that, and be completely different than what I had been my entire life, was kind of scary, I wasn't going to lie. 

Lucifer's playing halted and he swiveled on the stool to look at me as I lowered myself onto the couch. "I think we need to at least try."

"Yeah, um, sure." I stand up, not really sure what to say. "I'm gonna sleep on that one." I said goodnight and walked to the elevator, leaning my wait on the walls as I let out a breath. Immortality. It wasn't that long ago that I would have killed for something like that. But now I had Layla, and a life worth living and enjoying with every last ticking second, so at the moment, I didn't exactly know what I wanted.