If he continued to keep his main focus on you, it would only end badly for him, no matter how you felt about the guy, you refused to bear the weight of that.

His eyes widened and you continued inside, shutting the door behind you.

You walked up the stairs, ready to take a shower and attempt to sort through the mesh of thoughts in your mind.

Bakugou was sitting on the edge of the bed, the TV flickering on the wall across from him with images and reports of what had happened at the funeral.

Setting your things on the nightstand, you turned to the bathroom, but stopped when hearing Bubbles' voice coming from below.

"Girl, I don't know what you did, but I'm pretty sure whatever it was caused that boy over there to go through the five stages of grief."

Your gaze traveled to where Bakugou now stood, his arms crossed over his chest. "Is this how it's always gonna be?" He asked. "You just do whatever reckless shit you want without telling anyone, even the people who may end up being affected by it?"

"Last I checked, I didn't need anyone's permission." You stated, standing up straight.

"It's not about asking permission, dammit! It's about the fact that just last night I was cleaning blood off of your body and then only a couple hours later, you were gone! If Hawks didn't have that tracker in your suit I would've had no way of knowing where you were!"

God, you just wanted to take a shower. It was barely noon and the day had already been filled with enough drama to last for the rest of the week. "Why are you so freaked out over the fact that I didn't tell you where I was going?! You know that I can handle myself!"

"I don't know that!" His cheeks were flushed in anger, and the emotion behind his words startled you. 

Bakugou quieted. "Every time you've left like that, every time you've decided to 'handle yourself' in those situations and not tell anyone, it ends with you being taken from me... in one way or another. When you pull this shit, it leaves me helpless, I'm forced to walk around and try and come up with a plan, but the entire time I'm thinking that maybe the villains got their hands on you again, that maybe, especially after last night, that you went somewhere to- to give up." His voice broke during the last sentence and he looked away. "I'm not saying you need to ask my permission, I just need you to realize that what you do doesn't only affect you."

You weren't sure how to respond. Sure, you'd expected him to be angry, but that was something you could easily brush off. The emotion, the fear and sadness within his voice, you hated how terrible it made you feel.

You tried to remind yourself of the things he'd said before, tried to remember that letting yourself open up to him once again would only cause heartache for you both, it would be best just to turn away without a response. But you couldn't bring yourself to do it. 

"I'm sorry," you said. "But, if I'd told you what I was planning on doing this morning, would you have tried to stop me?"

He waited a moment before turning his head back to you. "I get why you wanted to go to the funeral, I do, alright? But making an appearance like that, especially on live TV, that was insanely stupid."

You readied to respond with something to defend yourself, but he cut you off. "Because, now, not only am I gonna have to kick the ass of any villain that comes near us, I'll also have to do the same to any hero, law enforcement officer, or commissioner that comes near us too."

A bit of Bakugou's normal demeanor had returned to him. You tilted your head, a small smile coming across your lips. "You say that as if you'll be the only one doing the ass-kicking, give me some credit here."