sixty three - "I'll never forget this day"

Start from the beginning

"What're you thinking about?" I heard a soft voice and felt a warm hand on mine and when I looked up I was met by worrying sky blue eyes, "Ah, you know me. Always stressed, I'm just nervous about my speech" I lied, I'm turning into a pro liar. Sargent will never ever forgive me.

"Why nervous? You're always good when it comes to talking" he joked and I chuckled, "You know me well" I said and he laughed while stopping at the red light, "Oh miss I don't need to know you. All the blabbering you've done the entire year left a whole in my head" he teased me and I smiled, "This year went by really fast, huh" I said and he nodded, "It was a tuff year filled with crazy stuff" he said and I nodded, "You're right".

We drove for a few minutes more and stopped in front of the school. The traffic was crazy, I'm guessing other schools have their graduations too.

We walked over to the school yard where we would hold our speech and get our diplomas.

"Willow!" I heard the familiar voice and I turned around and saw Elijah and he motioned for me to come over.

"Heyy!!" I said once I was in front of him and we hugged, "How have you been, you know..." he said and I made an uneasy face, "As good as someone in such a situation can be" I answered him and his mood dropped, "But you know, I'm here with you, mom, Sarg and everyone else and that makes me happy. At least I get to have my graduation and PROM" I tried and he smiled at my positive words before locking eyes with someone behind me.

"Mom?" I heard him say and I turned around and saw my mom looking at us with a smile, "Son" she said with tears in her eyes and hurried towards us as gave us both a big hug and I closed my eyes and just replayed this moment in my head.

This is what a family is right?

"Willow! We're starting!" I heard Ruby and I started walking over to our seats and I was placed between Samantha and Sargent. Great.

I can't believe I'm done with highschool.

──────────────────────────────────────────

Many of our schoolmates were done with receiving their diplomas and having their speeches but me and Sargent were left in our friend group. I was unusually nervous.

"Sargent Hills" I heard Sargent's name being called and he gave me a kiss before going up to the scene and taking his diploma before standing confidently and putting the paper in his hands aside where I'm guessing he had his speech.

"I want to start by thanking everyone who supported me this year even though I've been such a pain in the ass, excuse my language. But I want to especially thank a girl who changed my entire perspective on life. Willow Edwards." he started his speech and pointed at me which made me blush.

"She has been such a wonderful and supporting girlfriend when no one else believed in me. I made her life turn into a literal rollercoaster and she didn't once think of leaving me. If it wasn't for her, maybe I wouldn't have even been here today, who knows? What I'm trying to say is, always expect the unexpected. The moment you feel like you want to give up and stop caring about yourself and the health of others around you might be the moment someone believes in you and it's in our power to not let them down. Many of you might know me as Sargent Hills, the badass bully or the mentally ill boy but I'm so much more than that. I'm human. We're all human and we all deal with different stuff and thank you all for being patient with me and believing in me and also leading me to a better path than I was following before" he said and everyone clapped their hands and I watched him with a proud smile, I didn't think he would say something like that at all.