Feats Never Accomplished Before

Start from the beginning

Angel sighed heavily and reluctantly nodded, "Okay, then."

They entered the school, riding the elevator down silently. Angel stuck to Cordelia's side, having felt closer to the Supreme after their heart-to-heart. They made their way to the library to find all the men standing around waiting for them. Angel looked around the room, noting that John Henry Moore was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he too knew something was wrong with Langdon and decided not to join in. The Cajun made a conscious effort to stay as far away from the boy as possible. It still disturbed Angel how his aura was able to bleed through her shades, that and everything about him made the hairs on her neck stand tall.

They wasted no time in starting the test, the arrogant warlocks being eager to upstage the women in magical ability for the first time in their history. The boy quickly blasted through the test, showing his proficiency in all the wonders. He was able to successfully perform them all and didn't even appear to have a sliver of his energy drained after completing Vitalum Vitalis.

"And so we arrive to the final test, Descensum." Cordelia spoke, standing before the boy, "But today, I'm not only asking you to perform this wonder. Today, I'm asking you to conquer it. I'd like you to retrieve my dear friend, Misty Day, who lost her own battle with this task."

Angel's eyes widened in shock, her head spinning to look at the Supreme. Is that even possible?, she questioned. Was she really going to get a chance to see her beloved older sister again?

"That's impossible!" Behold protested, "Those who don't return from Decsensum are gone forever, property of the Underworld."

"No other Supreme has been made to do this, ever. This is not only unfair, it's suicide." Baldwin argued, irked by the woman's request.

"Enough!" Ariel shouted, silencing the men, "Cordelia. I need a word." The two departed from the library and headed to his office to have a private conversation.

When they left, Angel pulled Zoe aside, "Do you know what Cordelia's doin'?"

She shook her head, "No, but I'm sure she knows exactly what she's doing." She wearily glanced over at Langdon.

Zoe dropped her voice to a whisper and leaned towards Angel's ear, "I would just trust her on this. If he really can do this, it means you'd be able to see your sister again."

"I know that, but..." Angel sighed, "that would just add to the creep factor of this guy. Doin' somethin' that's never been done before. If he really has that kinda power, I..." she trailed off.

Zoe shrugged, unsure of what to say.

Angel took a deep breath in and relented, "Okay." She stepped away, ending the hushed conversation between the two. She was unnerved to find the boy staring directly at her, as if he heard everything the two said to one another. Suddenly, he turned and walked out of the room.

Within moments, he returned, Cordelia and Ariel following behind him. He laid down on the floor and spread his arms on his side. Everyone stepped in closely, forming a tight circle around his form. He began the incantation for Descensum and quickly, he made his way down into hell.

They all took their places around the room, waiting for the boy's fateful return, carefully watching his still form on the floor.

Angel looked over at the Supreme, "Do you really think he'll return with her?" She whispered.

She looked over at the young Day girl, "I really hope so." She replied, her previous words ringing through her head 'Just because she's gone doesn't mean your feelings for her are.'

They didn't wait for much longer before Langdon's eyes sprang open and he rose from the floor, gasping for air. They all approached, except for Angel. He was back so where was Misty? Her heart fell in her chest, she should've known not to get her hopes up.