CH 2. The Phoenix

Start from the beginning

"Bury the black wolf in our cemetery with proper tradition, inform his family that he was killed during a surprise attack. And about those corpses…" Chanyeol halted as he felt his wolf stirring inside. It was feeling ashamed as well. As an Alpha, it was his duty to look after every pack member. He had failed himself. Chanyeol's lips parted as he faced the new dilemma. "Bury them as well, with proper tradition. Even though they might be onto something against us, they were still members of our pack. You are dismissed" 

Chanyeol didn't wait for anyone though as he quickly turned into his wolf, bones cracking one by one as big paws and fur-coated the young Alpha, his grey eyes changing into silver-blue the shine in them was a bit dull compared to the previous sparkling ones as he took off not sparing anyone a single glance. 

He ran to the packhouse, but he didn't feel like going in. Instead, he took a whole round and ran in the forest connected to his territory. Soft rain drizzled down, his paws hitting the wet soil with gentle thud, his tongue rustling along with the leaves and branches, he could feel himself running all the way, round and round until he stood in front of his house. He inhaled and exhaled a few times, before quickly turning into his human form. He needed a shower before the elders could arrive. He can't simply just straunt himself in front of them looking so haggard. 

Quietly standing under the water for quite a few minutes, he inhaled and exhaled to take a hold of himself. He was an Alpha, he could not afford to sway because of his emotions. He wasn't ready for this and he had in no way expected it but he has to accept it and move on. Life is not a rosy walk, but a path full of thorns.

He wiped himself up and dressed in casual clothes. The rain had stopped again, when he walked in the corridor, the glass windows showcasing the expanse of forest surrounded him, with mist covering the top of the mountains.

Chanyeol could only see trees and the mountain tops from the windows lining his corridor. When he was outside his office he reached and held the door knob before opening the door.

He Scent of musk and wood hit him as he stood at the doorway. A huge desk sat in the left side meanwhile a book case and sofa sat in the right side. A huge wall size window covered the wall between his desk and sofa.

Beyond his window his eyes focused somewhere far, crossing the vast green coloured enormous barrier which protect the land of Mist. He could see the green-colored barrier clearly, which separates the Mystic forest from the land of Wilds. 

At times such as this, the words of the Vampire rang into his ears. He had pushed those at the back, into a separate corner of his mind when they suddenly surfaced up. 

'It isn't right to sneak in and steal something, Alpha, not everyone is pure and sincere in this world' 

Chanyeol's brain had malfunctioned the moment he started to repeat those words in his head. Maybe he was wrong, but he could be right as well for thinking that he got the meaning all wrong, that those words weren't even said to him or the elders but those were directed towards something else.

 And no, Chanyeol wasn't just overthinking about it, he had thought each and everything carefully, from the start to the end and he knew Suho and Yifan were hiding Something but they were the least of people he would ever suspect.

Hell the most absurd thing they would do is hide something from him just to protect him they were that kind of people but the Vampires, they have met once and he already feels amazed as well as wary of them. 

His attention was brought back again when he heard a knock on the door, all his thoughts dispersed again as he muttered a small come in. He blinked, heaving a deep long sigh, before facing everyone.