44|| The Monument of the Bajan and the Bacca

Start from the beginning

The girl's tear-filled eyes averted from the game masters and to meet Ponk's concerned gaze, the man have never felt so helpless than today when the kid started to wail for her father.

Unable to tolerate the feeling, he looked back to the middle, a hushed prayer spills from his lips as his eyes jumped from one person to another, wishing that there won't be any young adults to face this blasphemous event. He let his eyes wander the area for a moment to see adults with different heights and features around them, Ponk felt guilty when the weight on his shoulders diminished.

It's still not right but it was better for the adults to perish than those who haven't experienced the world yet. NPC or not, they deserve to live.

"There are people in this line-up that are obviously at an advantage due to what we call, Creator's Advantage."

"Don't you think it's unfair? I really think it is, Mitch."

"Of course my dood, so what do you suggest?"

"We should... nerf them, I think one of them has control over the stars..." 

Foolish and Ponk knew who they were referring to, although they were glad to hear that the four of them are together, their stomach churn at the possibility of losing one of them.

But now that the ninja's thinking of being nerfed, he started to wonder what ability they will take off his already short list of capability. Other than speed, high jump, strength and camouflage, what does he have to lose? But then he was reminded of Sam, that man can only go 'BOOM!', he'll be stripped of the power he can only use.

"Alright, we'll tick off the star, explosion, camouflage and the water ability."

"Shouldn't we take off the-"

"Yeah..." Mitch's voice trails off to a squeak as he trails off before continuing. "But water can heal and slap fools, we're talking about fighting advantages."

"OOH! I GET IT NOW!"

"But let's talk about the prize," Ponk watched as everyone stopped quivering to hear what the event master has to say. "There will be rare items and even precious gems but I think what's more important is the Weapon and Armor of the Bajan and the Bacca."

"The Booby plate of the Bajan and the Axe of Bacca, Betty."

"They're not just ordinary items though. Although they do sound like garbage," The voice said. "That armor is one of the strongest, it's light and powerful."

"Yeah, the axe can pierce through ALMOST every material or shield, enchanted or not."

"Diamond? Trash. Netherite? My darling Betty can tear through that material like it's paper!" The distorted but excited voice made Ponk feel sick to his stomach.

Many of his friends have at least talked about their weapons as if they're the most precious thing in the universe, but when these 'celestial' beings does it, dread only grows to loom over him like a strict and suspicious teacher on an important exam.

It was something he needed, no, the group requires these weapons but if they didn't, there was no doubt that Ponk would've sacrificed one of his many lives and be free of this horror. 

He could never bring it upon himself to fight them, even if they are NPC's.

"Not to mention, they're light as hell and give you a strength boost."

"Don't leave out the most important detail!" The other unnamed game master's voice is filled with glee that makes Ponk want to throw up his dinner.