29. off-days | wolfhard

" i'm going up to the room? " he urged, refusing to stop and sit with his girlfriend.

" i haven't seen you all day, finn. " y/n lamented agonizingly, unknowingly furrowing her eyebrows.

" yeah, but i wanna go upstairs? " the boy hissed, still grasping the empty class of milk in his hand.

" do you not want spend time with me? we haven't spoken a proper conversation since when, friday? " she snapped, sarcastically chuckling mid sentence.

" i'm sorry, but i just want to go upstairs. it's my house, i pay for the shit around here, i can go upstairs if i want? you can't boss me around. " finn rebuked mercilessly, rudely glaring into his girlfriends eyes.

" wow. " she spoke, unbelievably surprised by the unkind humor.

finn laughed sarcastically, simply shaking his head.

" staying quiet as usual? please y/n. " he chuckled, viciously disrespecting the girl.

" i'm sorry i wanted to see you? you know, this stupid humor of yours is driving me nuts! what's your problem? " she questioned, honestly wanting to know what's up with him.

" ohh! there she goes again! the angel has spoken!! " he sneered relentlessly, crossing his arms, still clutching the glass.

" you know finn, you can be a real jerk! " y/n spat, actually fed up with this miserable act.

" no y/n! your the jerk, i just wanted to go upstairs, but no! you couldn't let me, you know what! i hate you! " he insinuated, throwing the empty glass on the floor.

sparks of glass flung everywhere, as it smashed against the wooden planks.

y/n couldn't believe what he had just told her, she just missed her boyfriend, she missed his cuddles and kisses, and he reacts like this. he said he hated her, and she almost burst into tears.

something clicked in finns brain, and he immediately realized what he said was wrong, and how terrible his actions were.

" i just missed you finn, i hadn't seen you, i guess i was just being a loving girlfriend, missing the boy she loved after he had a long day of work. " she mumbled, standing
up and escaping the room.

she stumbled upstairs and into her and finns bedroom.

tears fled from her eyes, and she wailed wistfully.

she pulled off her clothes, and she tugged over one of finns shirts, which she has been sleeping in for the past couple of nights.

she carefully slid into their bed, and she sobbed silently, still trying to comprehend what finn had said.

after a while, she was just dozing off, until she felt a pair of cold, long arms slither around her waist.

she felt a curly head dig into the nape of her neck.

" i am so, so, sorry my love.

i was a total idiot, and i ment nothing of what i said. the duffers were extra hard on us today, and i couldn't considerate considering you were the only thing on my mind. they told me to try not think about you, which is total bull because your all i think about. i figured i was being a bad actor, and i just thought it might work. i'm also so fucking tired, and i got like two hours of sleep last night.

i cleaned your the glass, by the way.

you don't need to say anything to me, i understand that i was being a brute, and i am  so fucking mad at myself right now.

your the only person keeping my stable,
y/n/n, and i'm so disappointed in myself.

i love you, y/n. " finn ranted, tears escaped his eyes, and you could hear that he was previously crying in his voice.

" i love you to, wolfhard. we all have off-day's" y/n mumbled, before shifting her spot in the bed, and softly pecking finns forehead.

the couple fell asleep in silence, simply enjoying eachothers comfort.

__________________________

word count :: 1080
heavily inspired by: @finn.offical_edits on tiktok
it's late y'all gn