3. troublemaker | tozier

🎵: troublemaker// olly murs  ( i recommend listening while reading!! )
___________________________

i wake up, and check the time. 9:30. yesterday my bestfriend, beverly, asked me to come hang out with her friends. they are a bunch of people from our school, who bev is so close with. i knew all of them, and i was some-what friends with them. i just was anti-social, and i haven't spoke to them, in a long while.

in the group, there is ben. he is smart, and nerdy. he moved to derry a little over a year ago. there is bill, his brother went missing three years ago, they say something happend, with a murderer, some say he just got lost, some say something about a clown? anyway. there is mike, he's homeschooled, but everyone at school knows him, ive talked to him a few times, he's really sweet. there is stanley, he's jewish. he's also really smart, i think i've talked to him once, in my whole entire life. there is eddie, he is also kinda smart, he cleans literally everything he touches, a couple of years ago, it was the start of the school year, and i was looking for my seat in english class, i put my hand on his table, looking around, and he cleaned it! then we have richie, richie tozier. he is the school troublemaker, he flirts with everyone, he does anything you tell him not to do, he's hyper.

i get up and throw on my jeans and a shirt, i lace up my converse, and go to the bathroom. i brush my teeth and hair, and i grab my backpack, and put a spare pair of underwear in the main pocket, then, i walk out the door.

"hello?" i say, knocking on beverlys apartment. "one second y/n! i'm trying to unlock this!" she whimpers. she gets the door unlocked, and invites me inside. "okay, i'm so exited for you to meet everyone, just promise me, dont y'know, fall in love with ben, or bill. they are taken." she smiles, i giggle. "what the fuck? are you in love with them both?" she rolls her eyes, and lights a cigarette. "the boys will be here soon, come wait outside."

we sit on the steps, leading up to beverlys apartment, when we see a group of boys cycling over the bridge.
"this them?" i say with a fake gasp, "shut up y/n" i laugh, stepping down the steps.

"y/n y/l/n, looking gorgeous as always" richie says, being loud on purpose. "richie tozier, still crushing on me i see, or are you just greeting me how you greet every girl that crosses your path?" he smirks to himself. i might be anti-social, but i can speak when i need to. "w- we are going to the q- qu- quarry, uh, y/n, are you c- coming?" bill asks, he still has that stutter. "yeah, bev told me to bring extra underwear." i say, showing him my backpack. "let's go!" beverly says, cutting us off.

we all start cycling into a forest, we are going up to cliff.

we reach the top and start taking off our clothes, we  are wearing our undergarments to swim. i pull down my jeans and take off my shirt. i start putting all my clothes into my backpack, when i look up, and see all the boys looking at me. i get really anxious straight away, and i look at myself. i was wearing everything, what were they looking at?

i walk straight up to the tip of the cliff, "hey, tozier!" i yell, richie walks over straight away. "y/n?" he asks, i start pointing to something in the water. "what is that?" i ask, he starts bending down. "what's wha-" he starts, but i push him in before he could finish. everyone starts laughing, when richie comes back to the top of the water. "i'm going to fucking kill you y/n!" he yells, i jump in, and so does the others.

we all splash around in the water for a little while, playing games, having fun. when i decide to go to the corner of the quarry, where the water isn't as deep. i was taking a breather. when beverly swam over. she sat next to me, without saying anything. "you okay?" i ask, turning to her. she looks at me, and giggles. "so, you and richie?" she asks, i lightly throw my hand at her face. "i don't even like tozier, beverly. he's a troublemaker, and he flirts with every girl he sees." i sigh, pushing away the fact that he's not even that bad. "you know he only flirts with girls, infront of you. he tries to make you jealous." i'm suprised, i really thought richie tozier was a stud. "he's liked you since you gave him his capri-sun, after the teacher took it, in fifth grade." woah, i totally forgot about that. suddenly, richie walks over.

"speak of the devil" i say, me and beverly laugh. "what?" he asks, smiling at me. "so, y/n. do you want to be my partner in chicken fight?" he asks, beverly nudges me to go. "whatever, you better not make me lose, tozier." i smile, richie leaves his hand out to take it, but i walk over to everyone else.

"chicken fight?" i ask, walking close enough to everyone. "yeah, are you with richie? if not can you be with me? i don't want to be with richie." stan asks, when richie comes up behind me. "she's with me, stanley" eddie and stan smile at eachother, when beverly comes up behind us.
"i'll go with you, stan" we all start playing.

me and richie knock bill and eddie down, twice. we knock stan and bev down, once, and we get knocked down by eddie and bill once. we declare it as a tie between us all, even though i'm sure me and richie won.

a little later, it starts to get dark. we get out of the water and get dried up. i pull up my spare underwear, and throw my clothes back on. i brush through my hair with my hand, and tie it back up with my scrunchie.

"uhm. y/l/n?" richie asks, i turn around to him. "d'you wanna come to the arcade with me, bill and eddie? beverly can't come, she needs to get home to her dad.." he asks me, i get exited, for what? i'm not exited to hang out with, the troublemaker, am i? "sure, i don't think i have anything to do." i look down, gathering my stuff, i play it cool, i dont need richie tozier to know i'm exited to hang out with him. "great, uh. yeah" he gulps, was he nervous? "yeah" i smile at him, getting on my bike. 

we start cycling back, beverly gets home first, when she pulls me aside. "when you get home, call me, and tell me, everything." she says, stretching out the syllables in the last word. then we cycle ben back to his house, and then stan and mike cycle home themselves.

we pull up to the arcade, and i drop my bike outside the door.

we go in and play for about an hour, when i check the time. "shit! i need to get home!" i say with a sigh. "it's cool, me and the guys will cycle you!" richie smiles, "really? are you okay with that?" i question, actually suprised. "yeah, we better get home too." he said, still smiling. "okay, uhm. let's get going then."

the boys start cycling me home, but when we pass eddies house, he goes in himself. "bye kaspbrak" i wave, now leaving me with two boys. then we got to a turn, turning right leaves us to my house, turning left to bills. "g- guys, i better go h- home. b- bye, y/n" he starts cycling, turning into his house. now i was with richie, alone.

we stop at my mailbox. i look into his chocolatey colored eyes. "thankyou, for uhm coming today.. i asked beverly to invite you." no wonder she asked me, to hang out with people, who i barely liked. he fixes his glasses, when i lean in, and kiss the side of his cheek. i pull away, and see his face is like a tomato. i run up to my front door.

"cya again, tozier."

"b- bye, y/n"

___________________________

word count :: 1551

hey y'all so uhm i made dis because the song i had in this was playing on the radio in my kitchen when i went downstairs today - and like three years ago i had a crush on the 'troublemaker' in my drama group, and he would flirt with me, and looking back id think "he flirts with every girl he sees" and like a year later i met his sister who's like older by a year and i got really close to her for like a month and one day we were eating icecream and she told me he had a huge crush on me and this song was on in the background when she told me so uh yeah lol

don't mind my terrible spelling and grammar!!

hope you enjoyed!!