9. power outage | wolfhard

"ehh, i'm exited, i guess." i smile, sitting in the passenger seat of my moms car. "i know, it's hard. now that you dad is off with, that matilda girl, and your away from alyssa. but you will make new friends here, and maybe some boy friends." my mom smirks, i fake gag. "that came out so wrong mom. you said boy-friends" i laugh, stretching out the 's' in friends.

me and my mom are moving to vancouver, as our dad decided that we weren't enough for him anymore. i was leaving my best friend alyssa, and i was hurt, considering she was all i had.

"look, a pizza place!" my mom points, probably realizing that a zoned out. "it looks kinda, run down." i say, looking out the back window. i start rummaging in my back pack. "did you see my headphones?" i ask, pulling everything out of my bag. "sorry hun, i didn't. check agein." my mom try's to help, keeping her eyes on the road.

i sigh, looking in my bag more. "we're pulling up to our house!" mom smiles, i look up and see a nice two story house.
it was in a small housing estate, and we had to park at the side in a small car park. we park our car, and get out.
"god, it feels good to stretch my legs." i stretch, watching my mom walk straight over and open the trunk. she takes out two boxes, and we both carry them in.

she opens the door, and i look in.
when i walk in the door, i see a staircase, a hallway and a door. i open the door, and see a room with a fireplace. then there's an opening to the kitchen, with a door opening to the hallway. on the left side of the hallway, there's a door to the bathroom. going upstairs, theres a bathroom with a shower and a tub, then there are three doors. one with a big bedroom, a box room and an en-suite. i go into the big bedroom, guessing it will be mine as my mom will take the bedroom with the en-suite.

"grandad y/l/n, will be bringing the furniture in a few hours. how about you go explore, get to know this town. i will call you when we get the beds!" my mom smiles, giving me twenty dollars.
"okay. make sure to call me" i say, with a serious tone. i walk out the door, telling my mother that i love her.

"shit." i whisper, realizing i will have to walk in silence as i can't find my headphones. i walk past a high school, "it looks okay" i whisper, agein. considering i will be going there on monday. i keep on walking, when i come across an arcade.

'BILLS ARCADE' i read the sign, on top of a building with children running in and out of it, and bright lights shining from the inside. i walk across the road, and inside the arcade.

i look around and see pine ball machines and video game machines. i see slots which you can win money from, an upstairs for a bowling alley, a ticket machine, which you can win prizes from considering how much tickets you won from games and a food area. i walk over to to a game called 'space invaders' i play a few games, when i decide to go over to the food area. i start walking over, when i bump into someone. "shit- uh, sorry." i spluttered, pulling back. i look up at a tall, lanky boy, with dark curls, chocolate brown eyes with soft freckles spread all over his face. "sorry, i should have been looking where i was going." he smiles, when his face turns confused. "have i seen you, before?" i questions, holding a can of pepsi and a whole load of tickets. "i uh, i just moved here." i smile, cursing myself in my head, after i stuttered. "oh cool, i'm finn." he smiles, i gasp a little, this is the most contact i've ever gotten with someone so beautiful before. "i'm y/n." i tell him. "everyone kinda knows everyone here, theirs my friends." he turns, i look at the group of people behind him. "that's jordan, noah, alex, tori and micheal." he points, moving his hand with each person. i wave, when my phone starts buzzing. "i have to go, i'm so sorry." i explained, running out the door. "uh, uhm. bye" finn stutters, as i walk out the door.

"hello?" i answer, "come home! grandad has the furniture!" my mom tells me. i run home as fast as i can.

i spend the evening doing up my room. my bed is put together, and i have white bed covers on it. i have vines wrapped around the ceilings, with led remote lights. i have my vinyl player sitting in the corner, and i have some of my vinyls on the wall.

suddenly, my mom bursts into my room. "y/n, i'm so sorry. i have to leave for work." she splutters. "this late?" i ask, turning down my music. she nods. "okay, uhm. how long will you be?" i ask. "a few hours, i'm sorry honey." i smile, "it's okay."

my mom leaves, and i sit in my bed, watching netflix. i'm watching the show, 'anne with an e' and i'm really interested in it. the characters are really nice, and so are the actors.

i sit watching, when suddenly, the lights and my tv turn off, and my phone stops charging. "power outage." i whisper, looking outside and seeing no lights. i run downstairs, with the flash on my phone, and look for a candle.
"shit" i spat, realizing that we have no candles or anything to light them. i call my mom. "mom, the electricity is gone, and we have no candles or matches." me and my mom talk for a little while, when she comes up with an idea. "go next door, and ask the neighbors for a candle." my anti social ass, would not agree. until i realized that i would have no other light. "fine. we are getting candles tomorrow though!" i tell my mom. i hang up, and go over and put on my shoes.

i run downstairs and outside, and i walk into my neighbors front garden. i resist a little, and then i knock on the door. no one answers. i look down at my feet, and knock agein. "hello?" i look up, at the sound of the door opening. oh my god, it was the curly haired boy from the arcade. "finn?" i question, really suprised. "your the person who moved next to me?" i questions, also really suprised. "oh my god!" i exclaims. "i uh, i was just wondering if you had any candles?" i ask, and he smiles. "sure, come on in!" he brings me inside, and i look around. "so uh, this is my mom, my dad and my brother nick." they all smile. "this is y/n, our neighbor." we all blabber for a little bit, sitting in the light of candles. when finn asks me to come up to his room.

"so, y/n. do you have snapchat?" he asks me, sitting on his bed. "oh, uh." i stutter, when finn looks down. "sorry, i know. i just met you." he says, fidgeting with the side off his jeans. "no, uh. it's 'yoursnapusername'"

we sit around for a while, awkwardly making conversation. when the electricity turns back on. "and we have light!" nick says, walking into finns room. "i better get home, i'm sorry, my mom will be looking for me." i stand up, from finns bed. "okay, uh. goodbye y/n." finn wishes, and i walk downstairs and out off his house.

i walk into my house. noticing my mom isn't home, i grab a can of pepsi and run upstairs. i go into my snapchat, and go into the 'added me' tab. i accept the friend request from 'finnwolfha'.

- y/n :): hey.
-finn: hi y/n
-y/n :): sorry if i was awkward
-finn: not to make you uncomfortable,
but i felt so awkward too.
-y/n :): why was that? :)
-finn: i get awkward around gorgeous girls.
-y/n :): are you flirting with me? 😭
-finn: if you take it that way 😉
-y/n :): you weren't that bad looking yourself
-finn: can i have your number?
-y/n :): 092 752 9274
-y/n :): call me 😋
-finn: goodnight, gorgeous.
-y/n :): <33333

___________________________

UNEDITED SO

word count :: 2561

hey! sorry i haven't been active- IM BACK TO SCHOOL TOMMOROW SAY PRAYERS FOR ME

ignore my shat grammer <33