Why would I not believe her?

I bite my lip and take a step towards them. "Why would I not believe you, what are you talking about?" I question, continuing to bite the rosy flesh as I await an answer.

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "I met Sasuke before, a.. a long time ago." She says, slowly looking up to see my expression.

I furrow my eyebrows and give her a look to continue- still confused as to what this has to do with the situation, and still processing it at the same time.

"I was at the store, buying some groceries for me and Sakura-" She says, gesturing towards the pale girl beside her. "-When I saw a beautiful raven haired man in front of me.." She pauses for a second, taking another deep breath.

"At first I was just going to compliment his hair- Black and blue, a beautiful combination that anyone would be envious of." A small smile settles on her face at the thought, before it drops completely.

"I was going to grab his sleeve.. but then I saw something on his wrist." She looks into my eyes, a gloss coating the unusual lavender as she does.

"Dark purple blotches- decorating what I'm sure was a perfectly pale wrist, and taking the shape of handprints." She whispers. A tear trickles down her face, the raw emotion being so unusual for her that I catch my stomach clenching.

I don't think I've ever seen her cry before..

"I- I tried to help him, but he wouldn't talk to me.. h- he wouldn't let me help. He looked so scared I swear I could feel him shaking, and he was trying so hard.. he was trying so hard to cover them Naruto.." She sobs, stuttering as she continues to try and get the words out.

"And then he showed up." She grits, looking towards the direction Suna left. "He showed up and threw Sasuke in the car, taking him away before I could even confront him about it." She says, anger completely taking over her features now.

Hinata looks at me. "Don't you see Naruto, It's him.. it's all him. The secrets, the bruises, the obvious fear. It's all Suna." She says, the tears from before long gone.

My eyes are wide as I realize what she's implying.. what she's trying to tell me. But I just can't except it, I can't think of Suna like that even for a second.

'My best friend..' I remind myself, the title not even seeming remotely true at this point.

"What are you saying Hinata?" I question, almost sure of what the answer is but not quite being able to think it.

I need to hear it..

She clenches her jaw and takes a step towards me, her eyes setting on my car for a split second before shifting back.

She takes a deep breath and looks into my blue orbs once more, getting ready to say the words I'm sure would change everything.. The words that I had never even questioned.

'She can't seriously be implying such a thing.' I mentally say, but know I'm wrong by the look she holds in her eyes.

She inhales softly.

"I think Sunas abusing Sasuke." She says, looking at me confidently as she awaits my reaction.

~Sasukes POV~

Warmth.

It was so warm being in his arms, even if only for a second. I never thought something could be so comforting- that something could feel so write.