(15) Beautiful

A/N- (I'm alive guys. I'm sorry it always takes me so long to update but I'm going through shit. Thank you all so much for 32K!! Y'all truly don't get how happy the support makes me. Enjoy!)

(LONG CHAPTER)
_______________

~Naruto's POV~

"Im sorry.." I hear a voice below me whisper, the tone being so soft I almost wonder if I imagined it. "I'm sorry." It repeats, gripping onto my shirt as I try to see his expression.

'He's shaking.' My mind echoes, feeling his arms lightly vibrate under my grasp.

My heart clenches as I try to pull him off, my fingers softly grabbing his small shoulders in the action. However, he only buries his head further in my chest, letting me know he's not comfortable being seen yet.

'Why?' I ask myself, but am immediately answered as I feel something wet on my chest.

'He's crying..' My mind whispers once more, removing my hands to wrap around him again. My chest tightens as I look at the top of his head, knowing full well what expression was held underneath.

Sadness.

He shouldn't be sad. I never wanted him to be sad, and yet he seemed to only cry because of me. 'Because of Suna.' I want to say, but refrain knowing full well he's not the only one to blame.

He wasn't the one who tried to kiss him after all..

But what would Suna have done to Sasuke if I let him take the small Uchiha home? Would he have only scolded him, or could he have dealt with him in other ways, more effective ways..

'Would he punish him?' I ask myself, not exactly knowing what possibilities lied in the idea. 'Would he break up with him?' I continue, somehow finding the idea unlikely.

'What ways could Suna truly punish him?' I ask myself once again.

"Naruto." A voice beside me calls, seeming to belong to the lavender eyed girl I call my friend. She looks down at Sasuke and then looks back at me, her eyes softening immensely.

'I need to talk to you.' She mouths, looking at Sasuke as if she's implying something. I immediately get the hint and slightly frown.

"Hey Sasuke?" I call his name, hugging him tighter as I lean down next to his ear. "I need to speak with Hinata for a moment. Do you think you can wait in the car?" I ask, feeling him hesitantly nod against my chest in response.

My lips slowly brush against his forehead in a whisper of affection, making him immediately stiffen in surprise. I slightly smile at the reaction and completely let go of his shoulders, feeling empty at the loss of him in my arms.

I feel him softly grip my shirt once more before completely turning away, keeping his head down so his expression stays masked. I feel as if I want to say more- to comfort him, but know that such things can wait to later.

Right now I need to speak with Hinata..

"What is it?" I ask, running my hands through my hair in obvious distress. I look up at her to see her lavender eyes cast down, looking as if she's almost nervous to say something.

She continues to stand still, fiddling with her fingers in distress.

"What is it Hinata?" I repeat, starting to get anxious from the deafening silence. She looks up at me once more before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and looking back down.

She opens her mouth slowly and looks at Sakura. "I.. I'm gonna tell you something, but you're not going to believe me.." She says and I furrow my eyebrows at her.