Imagines (13)

Your POV:

“Cheers!” I shouted with everyone else while raising their glasses of alcohol.

A wide smile appears on my face. I was currently at my friend's house drinking. It was her 20th birthday.

Lights flashed everywhere.

Music booming.

My head ringing.

My throat burning after every shot I take.

Repeat all that for the past 4 hours and that's how I spent my time there at my friend's birthday party.

~•~

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Hey Duaaaaa, are you awake?” I whispered against our apartment door.

“Oh wait, I have a phone. Never mind Dua. Hold on. I'll call youuuu.” I took my phone out and called Dua.

Dua was my roommate. She became my friend shortly after moving in with her. When I first saw her, her smile immediately captured me. At first I was really shy and hesitant to interact with her since I felt way below her level. She was very confident and I always found myself looking up to her and then BAM I started developing feelings for her.

I confessed not too long ago and was sadly rejected. At first she said she felt an attraction towards me but she didn't know what to think of it and she asked for some time. She soon came to an conclusion that she wanted to stay friends so that living together wouldn't be so awkward. She felt happy after resolving it yet I felt something else as my heart broke for the girl I knew I could never have but yet admire from a close proximity. Then we started drifting apart. She did her thing and I did mine. We never bothered each other. It barely felt like she even acknowledge my existence only when necessary though. I still have feelings for her, but I still value her as a friend. A great friend.

Ring ring ring ring ri-

Hey Dua, I'm by the door. No I'm at the door. Do you mind... You know opening it for me?” I think I said all that successfully.

Dua didn't respond she just groaned.

Click

I walked in with a raging Dua trailing behind me. I could feel the glare she is giving me whilst being in front of her, with my back facing her.

I walk over to my room. I flip the light switch and I suddenly regret my decision as my eyes squeeze tightly in discomfort with the ground swaying beneath my feet and so I turn the lights off again.

I put one foot in front of the other and try to make it to my bed when I trip over my desk. I make a loud ass noise as my body comes in contact with the ground.

“PFFT HAHAHA fuck,” I laugh at myself.

“Shit, that hurt.” I'm gonna feel that tomorrow, I thought to myself.

“You're so stupid.” Dua informs me standing by the door.

She walks over to me and helps me up. She grabs my arms and slowly lays me down on my bed, helping me with my jacket.

“What's this?” She asks pointing and harshly poking at my neck near my jugular.

I let my finger graze over the spot she poked and I try to see it with my phone camera and I realize someone left a hickey on me. More marks trailed down that looked like it went down to my collarbone and chest. I honestly don't know where those came from. I mean who did I make out with? What did I even do? Shit, TF!

I look over at Dua fuming red. She unbuttons the first three buttons of my shirt and spreads it out. Making a better view for her to assess the damage. She spotted three more hickeys by my collar bone and two more just above my breasts. I cover myself with my arms in a fake hurt pose, “hey, personal boundaries please ma'am.”