Chapter 1- Mourning

Começar do início

"How ya doing?" Soda asked snapping me out of my trance.

"I just miss him," I looked down at my feet that were dangling off of the side of the couch.

"I know so do I," He whispered.

"Dinner!" Darry called from the kitchen.

When I stood up my legs started shaking, it got so bad I was beginning to worry I might fall. I always shook when I was sad or anxious. Soda noticed and put an arm around me.

"Hey, you okay? You're shaking like a leaf."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said sitting down at the table.

We ate Darry's homemade chicken and gravy in silence. But soon I found the courage to speak up knowing the boys were worried about me.

"Where am I going to sleep?" Darry's head shot right up at my comment, clearly surprised that I spoke.

"You wanna sleep in Pony's bed with Soda? Pony can sleep with me, or if you really want to you can sleep on the couch."

"Can I sleep in Pony and Soda's bed?" I asked quietly. Soda and I have shared a bed before it was never a big deal, just two best friends, nothing more.

"Of course," He said "Soda why don't you go make the bed," Soda shot right up and bounded up the stairs eager to help.

We watched TV for a few more hours then I got changed into the pajamas that I always left here and brushed my teeth with my finger.

When I walked into the bedroom Soda was sitting on the edge of the bed. He wore the same clothes he always wore to bed; a white t-shirt and boxers. His dark eyes looked at me sadly.

"You feeling any better?"

"I just can't believe he's gone," I said, my lip quivered as I was trying desperately to hold back tears.

"Come 'mer" He opened his strong arms toward me. I obediently walked into them, letting my tears spill on his shirt.

"Hey.... Hey, it's okay. I'm here." He soothed.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until my tear ducts ran dry. Then I slipped out of his grasp and walked over to Pony's side of the bed, and climbed under the covers. Exhausted from crying I fell into a restless sleep.

+ + +

When I woke up I was standing next to my father's lifeless body. He was on a medal table with a white sheet covering from his feet to his neck. A doctor was standing on the other side of the table opposite me. He was writing on a clip board furiously. He quickly looked up at me and then down at my father. I watched as he reached his hand and pulled the sheet over my father's head.

I blinked and my father was gone as well as the doctor. It was just me in an empty room with white walls and no windows or doors. I jumped as someone poked my shoulder, I turned and saw my father. He looked as if he never had cancer, a knife clenched in his aged hands.

"Daddy?" I said as the fear of him hurting me raced through my body.

"Save your friends," He said in a monotone voice. He then dropped the knife subtlety and disapeared. As soon as he was gone the gang was there all on tables like my father was originally on. Sheets covered them too, just showing their faces, dead and still, their eyes looking straight up at nothing.

"No! NO! You can't be dead! Please no! NOOOO!"

+ + +

I shot right up in bed to see a worried Soda shaking me. I began to cry.

"It was so awful Soda, it was so awful," I said between sobs. He held me as I buried my face into his shoulder.

"I know it was... I know," He rubbled my back softly. "Shhhhhh... It was just a dream... just a dream."

Once I calmed down he pulled away just enough to see my face. He wiped the tears off of my cheeks with his thumb.

"Avery... What happened? You were screaming bloody murder," He asked, worry flashed across his face.

" M-my d-dad w-was dead and t-then you were dead and t-the g-gang and a knife, I was s-so scared Soda, I was so scared," I stumbled on my words not really answering his question.

"It's over, you're okay... you're okay," His voice faded as he pulled me back against him. We stayed like that until I eventually fell back asleep.

A/N

Hey everyone, I would like thank all of you for my five votes!!!! I'm so happy, five votes in only a few days!!! Thank you guys so much!!! I know I update slow but please stay with me, I'm trying. You guys are so awesome! Please vote, comment and follow.

Do it for Johnny,

Kate