CHAPTER TWELVE

a conversation

a conversation

~

The man shot down a Lycan with his shotgun before sighing and wiping the blood off of his face. He took out a medicine bottle and grunted as he poured it over his wounds. He threw the bottle on the ground and trudged his way to his destination. 

Ethan placed the last flask down and watched as a giant chalice was revealed. He picked up the chalice and slowly made his way to the altar. 

He wondered if Heisenberg really meant to help him, so far he only trusted Y/N out of all Miranda's children. Would Heisenberg's intentions be as pure as Y/N's?

His thoughts then drifted to Y/N. Where did she go after she left him? 

Did she go to her mother to try and save his daughter or did she give up on him completely?

He didn't know and there was no way to find out. He could only hope that their next meeting would be as pleasant as the last. 

He placed the chalice down into the altar and watched as the platform beneath him started to sink. 

In the distance, he could hear water moving around and assumed that the chalice had managed to open a gateway to somewhere. 

The descent downward was slow and left Ethan with more questions than answers. Eventually, he got to the bottom and he was surprised to hear a voice. 

"Don't be worried about the kid, Ethan," Heisenberg's voice chimed from an unidentifiable source, "It'll be fine."

Ethan glanced back at the altar before walking through the tunnel. 

In front of him stood a large bridge leading to an enormous factory. Smoke bellowed in thick waves from the factory that was surrounded by jagged mountains. 

Ethan checked his weapons before walking over the bridge, stepping into another Lion's den. 

"Ah, Ethan Winters," Heisenberg greeted him, "Welcome." 

Ethan watched as the gates opened in front of him. He slowly walked in, listening to Heisenberg absentmindedly. 

"I didn't think you'd make it past Donna or Moreau, but I guess you suffered worse in America, hm?"

Ethan rolled his eyes at Heisenberg's taunts, he only wanted the man to get to the point and tell him how to get his daughter back.  

"I like you," Heisenberg said approvingly, "I'd like to speak to you about a few things. Rose, Miranda, and things along that line." 

"Oh, and don't be afraid to come in," Ethan could hear the smile in the man's voice, "There aren't any traps."

Ethan looked around at the Heisenberg estate. Smoke lingered in the air and heaps of scrap metal littered the area.