CHAPTER SIX

a confession

a confession

~

Ethan groaned as he started to wake up. He rubbed his face with his arm before slowly sitting up. 

He grimaced at the pain he felt in his abdomen, he looked down and was met with a blood-soaked shirt. 

He pulled his shirt up and marveled at the sight of his wound, "What the..." he stared at his stomach in confusion. 

He had sworn that there was a gaping wound from his pec to his abdomen gifted to him by the lovely Lady Dimitrescu. However, there was no wound just blood.

The scrapes on his arms and hands were still very present and aching. He turned to his left and saw a green bottle. He poured the magical liquid onto his hands and arms before he slowly stood up. 

His jacket was laying on a nearby chair, he threw it on and started looking around the room. 

The room was beautifully decorated like the rest of the house. 

A dagger stained with blood laid on a white desk that had a streak of blood on it. A lockbox rested in the corner. 

He opened the drawers of the nightstand and was rewarded with a journal. 

January 2021  

Mother rarely lets me leave the cabin. She doesn't even allow me the pleasure of seeing my siblings. She says that my sickness is worsening and unfortunately I am inclined to agree. My regenerative gift isn't as potent to me, to others it's like the water of life. 

February 2021

I'm tired of mother. What's the point of living for so long when you can't share your gifts or happiness with others? She says that Luca is a waste of time and will eventually die off like all other humans. Does she no longer harbor a love for my father? Does she not remember the feeling of butterflies? 

February 2021

I feel like I'm being lied to. None of my siblings will tell me anything about Ethan or Rose. If the man was so normal then why was he causing so many problems for my family? If he is telling the truth about his daughter, then I must do something. I will not allow something to befall that poor child.  

"So she doesn't know anything about Rose," Ethan muttered to himself as he placed the journal back into the drawer, "She's trying to help me." He smiled at the revelation. 

Perhaps he wasn't completely alone in the situation. His thoughts flashed to the moment where he fell unconscious. 

He had passed out in front of her and instead of killing him, she healed his wounds.