CHAPTER FOUR

a call

a call

~

Lady Dimitrescu stalked through the hallways of her castle. That manthing, Ethan, had been giving her daughters more trouble than they could handle. 

After killing Bela, she thought it was necessary for her to call Mother Miranda. Especially, since he was a risk to Y/N after the little stunt he pulled.

She gracefully walked into one of her many rooms. She placed her key on the hook when the phone next to her started to ring. Alcina took a drag from her cigarette before sitting down at her vanity and begrudgingly answering her phone. 

"Mother Miranda," she answered as she looked into the mirror of her vanity, "I regret to inform you that Ethan Winters has escaped that fool, Heisenberg."

Alcina opened her lipstick tube and started to apply it. She slammed her hand down, "Because he is in my castle, and has already proven too much for my daughters to handle! When I find him-" she yelled angrily with a scowl. Her eyes narrowed when she saw a shift in her mirror. 

She sighed as she received a response from Mother Miranda, "No, Mother Miranda," she huffed, "Yes, I understand Mother Miranda." She glared at the figure in her mirror. 

"No, I won't let you down," she slammed the receiver down. 

Alcina breathed out and stared at herself in the mirror. She growled and threw her vanity across the room, "To hell with the ceremony!" She screamed with shaking fists, "That man will be mine." She stomped out of the room. 

The tall woman waited outside the door, listening in for any sounds of movement. She knew that something was moving in her mirror.

"What's this?" 

She heard the voice of a man, Ethan Winters to be exact. 

She frowned, "Simple manthing." 

The woman walked over to the other door and waited, "I'll sort you out." 

🦋

The village was silent and devoid of life. The village was usually rowdy and bustling, children laughing while their neighborhoods scolded them for making a ruckus. 

However, it was silent. 

No laughs, talking, footsteps, it was nothing but silence.

Y/N slowly walked through the village, looking for any signs of life. She frowned when she saw splatters of blood on the cobblestone. 

She gasped when she saw a hairy figure creeping around and growling. She slowly sat down the crate of medicine and cautiously walk away from the creature before it saw her. 

She crouched in a high patch of grass and watched the creature, it looked like a wolfman. 

Is this what had been happening to the village? Is this why my mother didn't want me to come?

So many thoughts ran through her head. Whatever those wolfman-things were, had completely destroyed the village. 

Luca! Is he even alive?

Y/N crept out of the bush and quietly made her way to her lover's home. The trek there wasn't easy, she encountered four wolf-things on her way there. 

She slowly opened the door to his small cabin and walked in.

The windows were opened and untouched plates laid on the table, it seemed like he left in a rush. 

"Luca?" she whispered as she started to walk to his room. She winced at the sight of blood on his sheet, "Luca?" she whimpered. 

A leather-bound journal laid amongst the blood. She picked it up with shaky hands and opened it to the most recent entries. 

She smiled tearfully at his chicken scratch writing, a trait of his that she loved. 

October 2020

Mother is only getting sicker and I'm starting to run out of the medicine that Y/N gifted to me. My Mother says that Y/N is unreliable and no good but I can't help to disagree. I love her and she's done everything in her power to keep us healthy, who wouldn't want a woman like that. 

January 2021

I haven't seen Y/N since the summer, I miss her dearly but I have no way of contacting her nor do I know where she lives. I'm on the last bottle of medicine that she had given me. I hope I see her soon and I hope she brings medicine with her. Mother doesn't think she'll come back. 

February 2021

CHAOS, it's everywhere. Monsters came to the village, killing women, fathers, children. The beasts don't discriminate. I have no medicine for my mother but I don't believe that'll matter soon. I can hear them crawling. On the roofs. Under the floorboards. I hope Y/N doesn't come back I don't want her to witness such atrocities. Y/N if you somehow come across this ru

Y/N sobbed as she read the last sentence, ink blotches along with blood ran over the rest of the letters, "Luca," she sobbed as she set down his journal. 

While she had been cooped up in her mother's cabin. He had been wondering about her fighting for his life while his mother slowly died in front of him.  She let out a shaky breath before wiping her tears, if only she had been there sooner.

Maybe she would have been able to save him. 

She crept back out of the house and started on her way back to the castle. 

🦋

When she walked into the castle she could feel something was different, or rather someone was missing. 

She walked around the castle, she could feel something pulling her. She sighed when she got to the armory. 

Y/N opened the door, a pile of ashes laid in front of her. She knew who it was. 

.

.

.

.

.

I want to thank you all for 2k reads, especially since this book hasn't been up for all that long. I'll see you all again on Friday. Have a good day!
~Pink