CHAPTER SEVEN

a ride

a ride

~

The tension in the air was thick, so thick that the sharpest blade couldn't cut it, "Luca..." she began slowly as she started walking over to him. 

She flinched when he threw the book past her head. 

"You kept a secret like this," he gestured to her and around the room, "Away from me?!" he yelled at her with fiery eyes. 

She frowned, "I wasn't supposed to tell anyone and I didn't want you to see me any differently."

He scoffed, "You mean as you are? An old healing monster? You could have saved my mother with your blood but you didn't." He glared at her, "You probably got some sick satisfaction watching her live off of the little medicine bottles you gave us." 

Tears welled up in her eyes, "No," she muttered, "No, I would never do that to you. No one could know, but I wanted to help so I did all that I could," she tried to explain to him.

He grabbed one of her green glass bottles and threw it.

She jumped away and the glass shattered near her feet.

He ran his hands through his hair and he huffed, "Well you didn't do enough because now she's dead." He started pacing, "She was right about you, you didn't care." 

"No!" she refuted the claim firmly with glistening eyes, "I did care and I do care. Even now as you spew hate and curses at me, I love you."  

"I can't say the same," he pushed past her and started to leave the castle. 

Y/N ran after him, "Luca! Wait!" 

She managed to get in front of him and stop him from marching outside, "It's not safe for you out there," she explained to him. 

"Why does it matter to you?" He questioned with venom dripping from his tone. 

"I don't want you to get hurt," she grabbed his hand and looked at him the same way she looked when they were in his cabin. "Trust me." 

He yanked his hand out of her grip and turned away from her. 

Y/N sighed in relief, "I'm going to fix this and one day you will have a normal life. Whether that be with or without me," she muttered the last part before coughing, "I must see someone, hopefully, he has answers." 

Y/N grabbed her cloak and left the castle. 

She needed answers, was Ethan doing all this senseless killing for nothing or did her mother steal his child.

She was still puzzled at what her mother wanted with a child. Was she trying to replace her sister? It wouldn't take long for Rose to be the same age as Eva, especially since years felt so short after seeing a hundred of them. 

She hoped that wasn't the case, maybe everything was a big misunderstanding and her mother was only trying to protect the child.

She couldn't be sure until she found someone that could provide her with an explanation.

Out of all her 'siblings', Heisenberg was the only one who didn't feel like a sibling and the only one who didn't completely submit to her mother's control. 

She hoped that he would give her the answers and advice she needed so she could decide who to help. 

Y/N crossed the bridge with quick steps, Heisenberg's factory was miles away and she didn't have much time until Ethan killed someone else. 

Her heart froze in her chest. 

The sound of growls filled her ears, moments later the causes swarmed her vision. 

All types of wolfmen circled her, some bald, some with greasy hair, ripped shirts. Some held weapons and a few were on horses.

She screamed when one grabbed her and hoisted her onto its horse, "What are you doing?!" she yelled in distaste. 

Were they going to eat her, bring her to their leader, or worse?

"Heisenberg..." its deep raspy voice uttered before it growled at its group.

She yelped before grabbing onto the creature as it suddenly started to ride.

Where they were taking her, she didn't know.

What she did know was that Heisenberg was involved.

She could only hope that he was involved for a good reason.

🦋

The man frowned at the conversation he had listened in to, he took off his glasses and glared at the radio. Rage was coursing through his veins, a human dared to blame his suffering on a sweet soul like Y/N.

The nerve. 

He grabbed his microphone and tuned the connection to the Lycan stronghold.  

He smirked, "I need a few of you to bring a certain man here," he chuckled, "I want to teach him a lesson on respect."

.

.

.

.

.

.

I want to thank you all for all the support on this book. It blew up so quickly and I'm so happy. I have so much more free time and I'm obsessed with writing so I will probably be updating this book WAY more than usual. Chapter Eight and Nine are already written and I'm probably about to write Ten. Anyways, stay tuned.
~PinkSea