CHAPTER NINE

a doll

a doll

~

The cold and foggy air did little to sway the young woman from her mission. She carefully walked over the bridge.

She walked through the words where the lifeless dolls and the hallucinating flowers laid with confidence. She wasn't scared of the forest, it had its charm when you viewed it from a different perspective.

Y/N doubted that Ethan had made it to Donna's house. She had assumed he was still somewhere in the castle.

"No, no, no, no," she muttered as she opened the door to her sister's modest home, "No!"

A pile of ashes laid in front of the door. 

"Donna..." she frowned at the sight, "Oh Donna, you poor woman." 

Rage couldn't help but spark in her heart, she understood that Ethan wanted his daughter back. But must it be at the expense of her family, people she had grown familiar with over decades? 

The dolls watched the scene with hollow eyes as Y/N searched for the Angie doll. 

At least she would have something of her sister to remember her by. She searched the house and the basement from top to bottom and couldn't find the precious doll. 

Her mind came to one conclusion. 

Ethan must be in possession of the doll. 

She growled at the thought, what did he need with such an item?

Was it not enough to kill her sister? He needed to disrespect her memory as well. 

After a final look around the house, she left to continue her search for Ethan Winters.

🦋

It didn't take her long to return back to the castle, as much as she wanted to stay hot on Ethan's trial she also needed to ensure Luca's safety. 

She walked into the castle and immediately went to her room. 

She grimaced at the sight that had greeted her. Blood was splattered on her bed and the walls.

Y/N sighed and sat down on the floor, wrapping her arms around her knees. 

Everyone was dying and leaving her and it was all because of one man.

Did no one else fit into his little bubble? Did he not care about the suffering of others?

There was no way that anyone else could be responsible for whatever happened to Luca. Her nieces and sister were dead and Lycans never came into the castle. 

Yes, Ethan had a kidnapped daughter, but maybe he enjoyed killing a little too much. So much that he would take any chance he could get.  

She hardly knew him and he didn't seem to have much trouble pointing his gun at her when they first met. 

Y/N hoped her assessment of the man wasn't true. 

She would hate to have to leave the child fatherless. 

She perks up at the sound of her phone ringing, she shakily stood up and answered it. 

"Hello?" her eyes widened, "Karl?"  

She was surprised at the phone call, she had just seen Heisenberg, what did he want to tell her? 

The young woman gasped, "Moreau is dead?" she bit her lip, "Okay, that's good. Where did you put it? The stronghold."

She smiled, "I'll be on my way," her brows furrowed, "What was that? It sounded like a scream."

After that question, Heisenberg quickly rushed her off the phone. 

She rolled her eyes before placing down the receiver and standing up from her bed. 

"Looks like I'm going to the stronghold." 

🦋

The man ran his hand over his face and let out an exaggerated groan. 

"Do you ever shut up?" He picked up a screwdriver, "It's not like she still loves you. I heard everything, the entire conversation. 'An old healing monster?'" He chuckled as he screwed in a bolt. 

Luca glared at him.

Heisenberg gave him a mocking frown, "Don't give me that look. You know I'm right and from what we heard earlier I would bet everything on the fact that she thinks you're dead," he leaned in closer and gave the frightened man a menacing smile, "Such a shame."  

He leaned away and picked up a piece of metal scrap, "On the bright side, that means I can torture you with the 'what ifs' and 'if onlys' as we get more acquainted."  

🦋

Luca was really starting to regret everything he said, it didn't help that seemed as if his captor was obsessed with Y/N. 

If he ignored the moment before he found the notebook it wouldn't be hard to say that he was very fond of her. She was kind to all and rarely left him without the things he needed. 

They had trips outside of the village and they would share wines he couldn't even pronounce. She never gave him a reason to doubt her love nor did she ever try to do him wrong, she was perfect.

Yes, they sometimes had their arguments. Going back and forth about why he couldn't ever meet her mother or go to her house. However, that was all their arguments normally consisted of. She never cursed his mother especially when it seemed like that was all his mother was doing to her. 

The more he thought about their most recent fight the more he realized how irrational he was acting and how she still insisted on protecting him. 

If only he hadn't... oh no. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Omg, y'all got this book to 5k in such a short time. Thank you, all!
~PinkestSea