The Beach (Headcannon)

Alcina Dimitrescu

- Not too far from the village is the beach. During winter it's usually covered in ice and snow, almost invisible to the naked eye. However, when the snow melts and summer roles around, it's a beautiful little spot to relax at. Alcina had never really bothered going but you talked her into it.

- You, of course, suggest that the girls go with you. They don't leave the castle often and you figured that they would love the summer breeze for once. So, one warm day you pack up a few bags and head to the beach.

- Alcina is religiously under the umbrella, her hat concealing her from the sun. She sits under the shade and watches her daughters while you accompany them in the water. She smiles to herself as she sees the four of you bond. She was never worried that you didn't fit in their family but to see the four of you smile makes her heart beat quickly. She love you all dearly and wants nothing bu happiness for you all.

- Bela and Cassandra love to pretend to be mermaids, though they're grown up, they have a childish side to them you can't help but admire. Daniela asks you if you want to go seashell hunting with her, which you do. The two of you find a great amount of whole seashells together, bringing them back to Alcina for her to look at. Alcina is charmed when you gift her one of the bigger seashells, telling her to put the shell to her ear so she may hear the ocean. She does so and finds herself mesmerized by the trick.

"Careful now, Bela! Don't go out too far!" Alcina called from the shores. You pulled yourself from the waters and went to accompany her. As you walked your way towards her, Alcina couldn't help but marvel at how you looked while walking from the sea. The water dripped down your body, the sun reflecting off of you and highlighting everything good about you. Your bare skin shining like a radiant jewel. Alcina felt her cheeks heat up and she quickly looked away. You finally made your way to her and grabbed a towel.

"Relax, they're fine. They're just having fun." After drying off, you sit down beside her. "Why don't you go out there? The water feels nice."

"Absolutely not. The humidity of the air is already taking the curl out of my hair." She said with a whine, reaching up to tend to her curls. You let out a laugh, which causes her to look at you questioningly. "It's not funny, you have no idea how hard it is to manage these locks." She pouts, turning her head away from you. You roll your eyes and stand up. She watches you as you hold out a hand for her.

"Come on. Let's go."

"I beg your pardon? I said I wasn't going to—"

"At least put your feet in the water. I think you'll really enjoy it."

"Oh, fine." She sighs and grabs your hand. You help her up and the two of you start towards the water, hand in hand. The daughters see that you've managed to talk their mother into coming closer to the water and they wave at her.

"Oh yay! Mother's coming out finally."

"I'm just putting my feet in. Nothing more." Alcina stated, eyeing Cassandra carefully. The dark haired sister looked suspicious to say the least. Once the two of you reached where the water connected with shore, you waited to the wave to come to you. It rushed in, collecting at your ankles. Alcina seemed to flinch at first but relax and watched the many small fish that swam up and down the wave edge. She smiled, squeezing your hand with excitement when one of the wish came and nibbled at her toes. "Oh! What silly little creatures." She chuckled to herself.

"See, not so bad, huh?" You wrap around her arm and press your face close to her. "Calming, isn't it?" The two of you stand there, watching the cycle of the waves come in and out steadily. Alcina took in a deep breath, taking in the sea breeze and sighs with content. She smiles and you can tell that she is at peace here.