I Love You (Headcannon)

Alcina Dimitrescu

(When she says it first)

- The first time she tells you she loves you, you're taken back. It's not that you're shocked that she loves you, you're just not prepared to hear it. It seems like it comes out of nowhere but it is in fact planned by her.

- She isn't afraid to tell you that she loves you. She's a powerful woman who has no fear. Therefore, when she realizes her feelings-- she tells you.

- You, of course, tell her you love her back. She knows this already but she does enjoy hearing it come from your lips. And when she tells you she knows you love her, you feel almost a bit silly for telling her in the first place.

"I hope to see you soon, my dear." She bids you farewell as you turn to make your journey back home. Before you can leave her grand front door, she takes a hold of your arm gently and turns you back around. She leaned down and plants a kiss on your head. "Do be careful on your way home, I love you so and would hate for anything to happen to you." You stand there, repeating her words through your head. Did you hear her correctly?

"I love you too." You responded, almost automatically. She chuckled at this and turns you back around so you may leave.

"Oh, I know."

(When you say it first)

- You're a bit scared to tell her. She is, of course, a woman with great power. The last thing you wanted to do was upset her.

- When you say it, it's an accident-- well, really you blurt it out of nowhere.

- She seems unfazed by it, which causes you to panic but any kind of anxiety you had quickly fades when she smiles at you and and tells you she loves you back.

"Are you alright, my dear. You look lost." She asks you, looking concerned as you stare at her with a blank expression. When she had addressed you, you perk up and simply respond with,

"I love you."

"Oh?" She raises a brow and continues with pouring herself a cup of tea. You sit there in silence and you're sure your face is as white as hers. You're waiting for her to tell you off but she won't because, "I love you too, my dear."

- You didn't know you had held your breath the entire time.

Karl Heisenberg

(When he says it first)

- When Karl says he loves you, it's in the heat of the moment and both of you are completely off guard when he says it.

- Of course, he knew he loved you but he would never admit it out loud. He saw romance as so cliché and that it was only in those movies Moreau watched. He didn't think he was capable of falling in love-- yet here he was, telling you just that.

"Do you realize that you could've been killed?" He scolded you for wandering into the mountain path alone-- with his lycans roaming around. They had found you quickly and decided that they were hungry for human. "What if I wasn't here in time, huh! You would've been ripped to shreds and I'd come find the one I love gone..." His voice was hoarse and you knew he was angry out of passion. You knew that he cared deeply about you, but it still took you a moment to process what he said.

"You love me?" You ask, avoiding that just a moment ago he was yelling at you like you were a child. Karl seemed caught of guard and embarrassed-- he grew frustrated.

"Yes, I fucking love you! What, did you think I didn't care? Was I not obvious enough?" You were sure if he could, he'd had steam coming out from under his hat. The image was enough to make you laugh, which made him grow quiet.

"I love you too, steam head." You caress his cheek as you walk by, continuing your journey through the mountain path.

- Karl is confused but he isn't done scolding you, so he follows wherever you go-- reminding you that you're a dumbass.

(When you say it first)

- You knew you loved Karl very much but knew that he was a different kind of man. He wasn't the gushy type and he certainly didn't admit if he had feelings. Thus, you did not say anything about you loving him. You showed it.

- Karl knew you loved him and you knew he loved you. He hadn't said I love you first either, he was waiting for you to say it first. He knew you'd tease him about saying it first, especially after he had floated about being a man that feels nothing. However, the longer he waited, the more he realized that you weren't going to say it, which in a way made him feel like you didn't really love him.

"When are you gonna say it?" He asked suddenly when working at his work desk. You looked up from your current action and stared at him confused. He looked as if he had been arguing with himself, over what-- you weren't sure.

"Excuse me?" You asked, genuinely confused. He gave a huff.

"Why are you waiting so long to say it? Just say it!"

"Karl, what are you going on about?"

"You know damn well I'm talking about! The thing! Why's it taking you so goddamn long to say it? Just say it!" He crossed his arms and and stared at you, waiting for your response. You gave him a look, suspecting what he meant by the thing.

"What, that I love you?"

"Yes!"

"I didn't think you needed me to tell you.. I thought you knew.."

"I know that! But you never said it." He almost sounded like he was pouting, which was rare. You gave a chuckle.

"I love you, you silly man." You go back to your business, knowing that he would go back to his now. You heard him huff again, the stubborn bastard.

"I love you too.." He muttered, hoping you didn't hear.

- And you wouldn't admit to him that you did.