Chapter 20

***

“The Royal Highness, the Crown Prince… the criminal…”

“Your Majesty himself has caught the culprit. The man is believed to be in prison.”

“I can’t believe they are going easy on him.”

Lelia, who was hiding and listening to the stories of her servants, was startled and covered her mouth with both hands.

She rushed to the tower as if she were fleeing.

 [Prince Leo must be dead already…!]

Upon returning to the tower, Lelia went to the desk. There was a pile of letters that were exchanged with her friends. 

“What should I do? I can’t believe he’s already dead.”

Lelia wandered around the desk nervously.

[Is there any way to tell the kids something…?]

They would be sad when they would hear the news that Prince Leo died like this. 

“…”

Lelia sat down at the desk and agonized for hours. No matter how hard she tried to think about it, she couldn’t think of a good way.

[If I tell the truth myself, I’ll die. But if I can make someone else notice…]

Lelia recalled two of her four friends who might be quick-witted. Griffith and Romeo weren’t as dull as the other two, so they might notice.

Then…

Lelia sat at her desk all day without getting a wink of sleep.

And at dawn.

Suddenly, a tremendous noise came from outside the window.

Boom! Boom!

There was a noise of something exploding and a horn.

Surprised by the sound, she looked out the window. Smoke was rising from the castle. There was also a burning flame.

“Is it possible that Emperor Perseus has already entered?”

Then it was clear that soldiers would rush toward this tower where Lelia was located.

Lelia made up her mind, took out a new piece of paper, and grabbed a fountain pen. She didn’t have time to think more.

She came up with  lots of sentences in her head but ended up writing only one word.