Chapter 19

***

She felt guilty and tormented. Anyway, she cheated on her friends for three years. They would think she was awful if they knew that she had lied about her gender and age. 

They won’t be able to stay friends with her anymore…

They would feel betrayed and hate her more…

‘…Let’s leave it as a good memory.’

Lelia tried to push away her worries and started writing a letter.

‘Did you all wake up? You’re not sleeping too late, are you? Like a baby?

It looks like it’s going to snow here soon. The weather is cloudy…I just had breakfast. The maids brought it to my room.

It seems good to be able to eat more delicious food when you come back to your hometown. The bed feels more comfortable. It’s especially comfortable because I can’t hear you all making noises.

I’ll be surprised if you guys realize how big and comfortable my bed is. And you all have stuffed rabbits, right?’

Was it because she has been sending and receiving letters since the day she arrived? Even when she was far away, she seemed to hear the voices of her friends.

She waited for a while, but no one seemed to have checked the letter yet.

[It’s too early for young children to wake up, I guess.]

‘When the time comes, everyone will check and reply, so let’s work first?’

Lelia put her pen down and rolled her arm up.

The sky looked bad.

She had to stock up more firewood before it snowed.

[Wow… It’s really cold.]

Lelia picked up twigs all day, as she wandered around the nearby forest. She missed the warm and comfortable life of the temple.

[I wish they had allowed me to spend 10 years anyway.]

Lelia thought, stacking the twigs in the house.

“I’m done for now.”

There were no maids who would take care of Lelia once in a while because Emperor Lydios killed all of them. 

That’s why Lelia had to do it properly. 

She felt frustrated and sorry for herself, but there was no point in thinking about it. 

“I need to make a plan.”