Chapter 54

Ten's POV

Oh my goodness, I've lost my girlfriend to the fandom... Actually, I'm not complaining about that. All I ask is that she uses my memes the most, and then I'll be happy.

After a moment of joking around with Yeona, I realize that we might want to tell WayV about this before they find out themselves through eavesdropping. "So... When do we want to tell-"

My words are cut off by the sound of the door banging open. We both turn around to see Yangyang, standing in the doorway with Xiaojun and Hendery behind him. One look at us sends them running down the hallway, their yells and cheers almost making the dorm vibrate.

"They're together!"
"He asked her-"
"Wait, he did?"
"Well, I think he did-"
"Guys, you can't just spread fake news-"
"Be quiet Kun, they were sitting so close together, there's no way we're wrong."
"Alright then, in that case, yay!"

I roll my eyes. Without even thinking, I stand up from the bed, taking Yeona's hand and effortlessly pulling her up so we can go together. I don't know how, but my confidence levels today have skyrocketed.

"Come on, let's go figure those children out," I sigh.

We emerge from the room, still holding hands. I don't know what I expect to see, but it definitely isn't WayV, tumbling into the room at our feet. So they were eavesdropping again. Before either Yeona or I can say anything, they're talking again.

"Oh my goodness, they're holding hands."
"Yangyang, you were right!"
"Wait, where's my money-"
"Aw, why didn't I know there was a bet?"
"So Ten, did you ask her?"
"Have you kissed yet-"

I can feel my face heating up, and I'm sure WayV can see it too. With a laugh, I avoid the question and instead ask, "Okay, but did you seriously bet on us? I mean, not that I haven't participated in these before, but wow."

"Yeah, isn't that normal?" Yangyang asks. Then, quite proudly, he adds, "I'd like you to know that I've won every single "couple bet" I've made so far, with Chaemin and Taeyong, Chunmei and Winwin, and now you and Yeona."

"And we haven't even confirmed that we're together yet," I tsk, shaking my head with fake disapproval.

This puts their celebrations to a pause. Lucas looks up at us with wide eyes, dusting the cat fur off of his pants. "Wait... are you not?"

I exchange a look with Yeona, wondering if she would be okay with me telling her. After receiving a slight nod from her, I turn to face WayV, unable to keep my proud smile off my face. "We are."

WayV bursts into chaos again, not even surprising me. Even Louis, Leon, and Bella have been incorporated into the celebration. This group really does have endless energy, especially the younger members... Wait, I'm making myself sound old.

"And, for those of you who wanted to know, we did kiss," I continue. One glance at Yeona tells me that she's mentally facepalming and probably struggling to endure the embarrassment that I've caused her. Well, she as my girlfriend is going to have to put up with a lot of teasing from me, so she'd better prepare herself.

Hendery finally puts poor Leon down, triggering a sigh of relief from me. Without even taking a breath, he asks, "So... when do we take your new girlfriend to meet NCT?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OIII HAPPY 10K TYSM <333

but like, nct meetup soon? 👀

Thanks for reading!