Chapter 34

Ten's POV

Yeona's gone now, back at her apartment to eat lunch and get ready to go to the cafe. I honestly wish she would've stayed longer and gotten to know WayV a little better, but she has her own personal things to take care of first.

I did notice that she left about half an hour earlier than she usually would. Don't ask why I have the usual time memorized. I just do.

Hopefully it's not because of us scaring her off. I knew I should have talked to WayV even more about acting normal and made sure that it actually happened.

Maybe it has to do with her thing with talking to people, but just to be sure, I'll ask her about what she thought of my friends later over text. For now, I'll leave her alone and wait for her to text me first. Again.

"So, we just met your soon-to-be girlfriend," Hendery states, wiggling his eyebrows with a mischievous look on his face.

"Yeah, you got it exactly right. My soon-to-be girlfriend," I joke. "But yes, you all just met Yeona, our neighbor and new friend, who's now off at her job at the café. And you also didn't act normally like I asked you to."

Xiaojun shakes his head. "We acted completely normally, what do you mean? That's our typical and expected behavior. What did you want us to do, leave you and Yeona alone to train cats without eavesdropping?"

I try to stop my laugh from escaping, but ultimately fail. "Yes, I did sort of want you to do that, but it may have been a bit unrealistic of me. Also, I meant 'normal' in comparison to the typical human behavior."

Yangyang shrugs, swallowing the food in his mouth to eat. "Well, we're WayV. You can try to make us quiet, but you'll fail. Trust me, Kun-ge has tried it-"

"Hey, respect your elders!" Kun exclaims, cutting our maknae off. "But seriously, Yeona seems like a really nice girl. No wonder your life basically revolves around her these days."

"Wait, that's not true!" I defend myself, although my mind doesn't exactly agree with my words. However, I don't dwell on it too long, especially because I've noticed something unusual. Two of the people at the table are being unusually quiet, even if they're naturally quiet people. "Winwin and Chunmei, the two of you are being sort of quiet. At least, quieter than usual."

They share a look, as if communicating a telepathic thought, before Chunmei speaks. "Yeah, well, we might have a bit of a problem on our hands."

She looks toward Winwin for him to continue. "So basically, we were going to the cafe, right? Nothing unusual. And then we approach the door and hear this girl in an apron asking about whether or not people have seen '7 handsome guys' recently."

This sends us into a fit of chaos.

"Sasaeng vibes."
"Please, was Chunli really not enough?"
"We just got rid of her and our old manager. Give us a break."
"Annoying people really do have a way of finding us."
"I know, right? We're literal magnets for them."
"At least she called us handsome-"
"Yeah, that doesn't compensate for her being a stalker."

"So, Manager Chunmei, what's our course of action?" I ask, turning towards the woman at our table. 

She looks like she's deep in thought, trying to come up with a solution. "First things first, we stay far away from the café area, like Winwin and I did today as soon as we heard her. It's unfortunate that we have to do that, but it's a necessary measure we have to take."

We all nod, not even questioning her orders. I know that she and Winwin are going to miss going to the café in the mornings, but we need to get rid of whoever this crazy sasaeng is.

Chunmei isn't done, though. "We need to get rid of her, and fast. As a manager who's supposed to work with SM, I'm pretty sure that the company isn't going to do anything about this. And so we need to get rid of her on our own."

Murmurs spread throughout the room as we consider her words. Then she turns towards me, as if she's had a sudden idea. "Ten, doesn't Yeona work at the café?"

I nod, then suddenly realize what she's talking about. "Are you suggesting that we recruit her to help us?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:o

ALSO TYSM FOR 5K READS <333

Thanks for reading!