Chapter 21

Yeona's POV

I set my keys back on their hook, shutting the door behind me. Luna immediately comes running to me. She's probably confused as to how I managed to get outside and back inside with no struggle at all. Just human things, I guess.

A moment later, she dashes back to the table. I see the figures of Louis and Leon emerge from Tae's window. So they really were inside the whole time.

Well, that was a quite uneventful but eventful trip. Sure, it was pretty much a pointless search, but at the same time, I'm sort of glad that it happened. Is that normal?

I mean, we did kind of meet up. I'm still a little confused as to his whole thing with the mask, but as I said earlier, it's not any of my business. Anyways, that was our first in-person meetup, which I'd consider to be a pretty important event.

Still, I was so awkward. I've never wanted to have social skills more in my entire life, but it's over. Usually I regret going to any sort of social thing like this, but this time, I actually... had fun? I'm unsure if Tae enjoyed speaking to my antisocial self, but I sort of liked meeting him in person.

Actually, I lowkey want to do it again sometime soon. Except this time, we would be training Luna or something instead of looking for lost cats... Ah, what am I thinking?

I honestly don't even mind that Louis and Leon weren't outside. I mean, we still technically found them, even if we weren't looking in the right place, right?

Well, I'd say that was the "significant event" of my evening. I could probably spend the rest of my day sitting here and thinking about it, but that would be insanely unproductive. The question is, what do I do now?

The answer is pretty apparent: Talk to Tae.

I pull out my phone, rethinking my actions for a second before deciding to just go for it. Yeah, I'm probably being the most annoying person on the planet, but I really have no idea what else to do.

Me
so louis and leon are fine?-

Again, his response is immediate. I swear, this guy either sits next to his phone all day waiting for someone to text him, or has his notifications on at the maximum volume and checks his phone immediately when it dings. Or he just happens to check his phone whenever I say something, although that's pretty unlikely.

Not that I'm complaining.

Tae
yeah-
turns out they were just in a closet :')

Me
wait really?
how'd they get in there-

Tae
my friend was putting something away
they got into the closet
and my friend forgot he even opened it
honestly im not that surprised-

Me
oh well that makes sense-

Tae
yeah-
my friends somehow managed to check everywhere in the apartment...
EXCEPT the closet

Honestly, Tae seems to have a lot of friends. We've got the one who locked Louis and Leon into a closet, the ones who helped him look for them, the one who walks their dog, and probably a bunch of other friends I haven't even heard about yet.

I'm not that surprised, though. He seems like a person who would have a lot of friends. He probably lives a very interesting and eventful life.

Tae
well
im bored-

Well, that contradicts what I just thought. Either I'm wrong, or he's so used to his super interesting life that it's now boring to him.

Me
honestly same-

Tae
what to do 👀

A thought pops up in my head. No matter how hard I try to get rid of it, it's implanted there. Do I ask?

Since I've been working on not overthinking my decisions too much recently, I decide to just go for it. Look at me, making first moves again.

Me
hm wanna train luna tomorrow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hm are they gonna meet up again-

Thanks for reading!