I can’t believe that parents can put their children in a critical situation. 

Romeo’s mother, who loved someone else, was forced to marry the emperor. However, even after becoming the empress, she could not get rid of affection and love for the man she loved. They made their daughter an empress, but her parents learned that the relationship between the emperor and his wife was estranged. 

They got furious and outraged because they found out about it through the maids. 

‘The reason why the Emperor and the Empress are not in a good relationship is because the Empress refuses the Emperor. That’s why.’

In fact, the Empress’ parents were disappointed and angry when they heard such stories from the maids. They started to find a solution, and unfortunately the solution they came up with was…

By threatening their daughter. 

They threatened their daughter with the life of the man she loved. 

‘Do the Empress’s duty, give birth to the Emperor’s child.’

She couldn’t overcome such threats and finally had Romeo. Fortunately, the emperor did not blame her and waited patiently for her to open up to him. Even though it was a political marriage, the emperor tried to treat her with sincerity and love her. He was a loving father to Romeo. 

But that’s where the misfortune began. 

The Empress’ parents, Romeo’s maternal grandmother and grandfather, continued to stab their daughter’s weakness. Whenever they wanted something, they threatened the man she loved by taking the life of their daughter. 

One day, a fight broke. 

The man, who found out that his life was the weakness of the woman he loved, killed himself. He couldn’t put up with knowing that as long as he was alive, the Empress would suffer her whole life. 

Ever since, Romeo’s mother suffered the loss of the man she loved dearly, and kept suffering. She began to hear and see the illusion of the man she loved, dying in front of her eyes. She even had hallucinations of the man asking for her life. 

Her condition got worse and worse, and she started having seizures and suffered from sleepwalking. It was in an instant that the rumours circulated that the Empress was possessed by the devil. 

After suffering so much, she chose her freedom as a way to kill herself, just like the man she loved passed away. 

She never imagined that little Romeo would witness that scene. 

She died after saying “I’m sorry”, when she found Romeo crying while bleeding to death. Romeo will also have a shock of this incident for the rest of his life. 

But with a slightly healthier mind than Oscar, I don’t think he’s hallucinating or hearing voices.

After Romeo’s mother’s death, the new Empress raised Romeo as her own son. Although she wasn’t Romeo’s biological mother, he grew up loved by a good stepmother and a loving father. 

But you gave up the throne because of your maternal grandmother, poor child.

After Romeo’s stepmother gave birth to a son, Romeo’s maternal grandparents began to tremble with anxiety. They were afraid that their grandson, the only hope left for them, wouldn’t be able to become an emperor. They even planned to kill the new Empress’ son, that’s why young Romeo gave up the throne. 

In fact, Romeo had heard stories of nobles secretly pointing at the imperial castle. 

They said, “It must be that the former Empress was possessed by the devil. His son, Prince Romeo, we would never know if he is possessed by the devil.”

Maybe that’s why he was afraid. He was afraid that he was going to get possessed by the devil.

Romeo begged his father to allow him to give up the throne under the pretext of his maternal grandparents, and the Emperor knew Romeo’s request had a deep meaning and accepted his son’s request. 

He sent Romeo’s maternal grandparents far away, and warned them to not to reach out to Romeo. 

He’s very strong hearted…

Anyway

Lelia wasn’t going to get involved. 

Somehow, he became a hero by defeating the Wild Dragon in the future. 

Well, he will be fine. This is just one chid.

Lelia thought something was wrong, but it was too late.