29

Third-person pov

"Taehyung? Are you okay? You look pale." Jimin leaned down towards the bed, concerned, and moved his small hands towards the shivering boy's face only for it to be slapped away harshly.

"Get away from me!" Taehyung yelled, eyes wide open making Jimin flinch back.

Jungkook shifted from his position in the bed, finally awakening from his slumber after all the commotion happening. He turned to look at Jimin whose eyes were all teary and his lips were wobbly as well. He placed his elbows and propped himself up on the bed.

"Hyung! What the hell are you doing!? Did you just slap Jimin hyung in the face?" Jungkook raised his voice at Taehyung whose back was turned away from him. Jimin sniffled and got up to run out of the room. Jungkook sighed and pushed the covers off his body, to follow him as well.

Before he could get off the bed, his arms were yanked behind by Taehyung. "Y-you! You're the one who did this, right? Spreading all this fake, vile shit about me. W-why do you want to ruin my life so much?" Taehyung sobs openly, And Jungkook seemed very confused.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I did what?" Jungkook frowned and brushed Taehyung's arms off his body.

"I'm not... I can't be... Jim- think ... I'm an omega. " Taehyung blubbers, unable to form a proper sentence.

"You're an omega?" Jungkook asks and raises his eyebrows. Taehyung suddenly chokes out for breath and Jungkook rushes over to Taehyung's side embracing him in a hug.

"Hyung. Please try to breathe. Oh god. JIN HYUNG!" Jungkook yells when he sees the omega in his hands gasping for air, shaking slightly. He brings his arm towards Taehyung's back, patting it slowly while softly whispering into his ears that he would always believe Taehyung's words.

The beta rushes in as soon as he was called sensing the agitation in Jungkook's voice. He was shocked to see Jungkook's arms around a shaky Taehyung whose eyes were wide open and all panicky. Taehyung waking up from a dreadful nightmare and having a small panic attack wasn't anything new to Jin. He was aware this would happen if Taehyung was told about the so-called rumor so abruptly. So he had specifically said the small beta to not talk about this with Taehyung and that he would take care of it.

But you know folks.. they just don't listen.

Jin took out some SRI antidepressant pills that reduce stress and handed it over to Taehyung with a glass of water who half-heartedly took it and gulped it down quickly making him cough. Taehyung had crawled onto Jungkook's lap and the other man was rocking him slightly while muttering soft words into his ears. He felt more at ease after a while.

When his mind was starting to get cleared, Taehyung started feeling horrible for yelling at his best friend and making him cry. Things wouldn't probably end well if Yoongi or Hoseok comes to know that he made Jimin cry.

"Taehyung. I don't know if this an approximate time to say this, but the company wants to talk with you. They want you to apologize for conducting yourself in such a manner that stirred up these 'rumors'. " Jin muttered while checking his phone again for the text mentioning Taehyung to meet the PD since Taehyung wasn't picking up any of his calls.

"What the hell is that!? I should apologize for stirring up rumors?! They should sue the one who started this fake bullshit for defaming me." Taehyung grumbled stubbornly. Jin sighed while staring at Jungkook who was shaking his head.

"Taehyung-ah. Please listen to hyung. Don't be like this. Our reputation has not been the greatest for a while now. We've worked hard to get where we are today. Let's not forget all that just because of our pride. If saying sorry will do, so be it. Please get dressed. The car is here to pick you up." Jin said to Taehyung who had a tight-lipped expression on his face. He got off from Jungkook's hold and walked towards the door, clearly upset.