Wait...really? No. I wouldn't kill someone. I'm a hero. Supposed to protect. Then again I'm still in the lower ranks but...

A finger caressed my skin pulling me from my thoughts, "This scar...who is it from? I don't remember it"

Its one on my shoulder, "Just from a villain. Its an old one"

"Who?"

Wait..."Keigo...?"

"What?" He looked over me before meeting my eyes

"The man you killed...was he the one who caused my other scar?"

"Does it matter?" He raised a brow

"Im serious"

"He was no one important. Just some low level criminal" he rolled his eyes

I relax as his wings surrounded me. It was comforting in a weird way. I just wanted to melt into him. His hand seemed to wonder down to my side before moving to my back pulling me in against him.

"You're here sooner than I expected you know" his voice dripped like honey

"Headaches came back" I huff hating the admission to my mental weakness

"You stress yourself too much trying to play hero"

"I've told you, I take my job seriously" I hiss

"And I told you, I was a hero like you once. You're lucky to only be a low rank"

"Keig-"

"I know, ill shut up about you being a hero" he sighed letting the hand on my jaw slide into my hair as he pressed his forehead to mine, "But, if you ever need an out, im here. If the hero commission asks s- no orders you to do something you don't want to do and they try to force you," I could hear the malice in his voice grow as he spoke, "You fucking tell me, ill take care of it"

I could hear the shuffle of feathers as his arms wrapped around me more completely tucking my head into the crook of his neck. I don't know how long we stayed like that. Time seemed slower. Nothing could disturb our little space as if we were just in our own world. It wasn't until he pulled away that I realised how little time actually passed.

"Lets go sit in our usual spot" he took my hand leading me there.

Those hands... those hands that were covered in blood not even 20 minutes ago. Those same hands that shook the hands of the leader of the commission. Who has shaken hands with the number 1. The very same hands who have saved thousands...but killed hundreds.

The hands that are a comfort to me when they used to do anything to make me uncomfortable. He twisted my wounds, sliced my skin and we beat eachother just looking for a reason to kill one another.

Now he holds me so gently. He raises his voice in annoyance but never towards me or anything I have directly caused. He was the hero too fast for his own good. Now he seems so slow as we get on the couch and snuggle up a little too comfortable.

We bicker still, but it doesn't have the same edge it used to. It seems...almost playful?

I don't see him wrathful anymore. Until I flinch.

"Wha-"

"Ow" I hiss

He instantly started looking over me, "Are you ok?"

"Fine fine, just bruised-"

"Bruised? Bruised!? Where? Who did it?" He looked pissed

"Its fine keigo"

"No its not, where did they hurt you!?" His wings flared

"Its just my side-"

I about squeaked when my back hit the couch. He was on me instantly lifting my shirt showing the embarrassingly extensive amount of bruising along my side and stomach.

"Who...the fuck...did this?" He seethed. I have never seen him this angry. Even while we fought he never looked this pissed. Despite the angry expression his hand lightly caressed the bruising as not to put pressure.

"It was some vi-"

"Not some villain, I need a fucking name" his eyes finally met mine. That look. He looked borderline feral. He would definitely kill whoever I named.

"Keigo...you're scaring me"

I watched his expression change. Realization? Then maybe fear? I can't tell if the third is calm but I know by the end his expression is soft. Softer than I thought possible.

"Im sorry" he muttered the apology so lightly it caught me off guard, so off guard I didn't have time to comprehend or prepare for the moment his lips met mine in such a caring way.

We haven't kissed since that time in the alley. It felts so electrifying. If I visit him regularly enough then I am usual satisfied with very little. That doesn't mean I haven't craved it.

I kiss back feeling his hands pull my arms up to hold down to the couch.

"I didn't mean for this...I've grown so fucking soft..." he grumbled against my lips before catching my bottom lip in a nibble and releasing it, "I've grown protective...you're MY little hero. MY dove. MY personal problem. I can't be convinced otherwise. I've tried. I really have"

"K-"

"You know what part of this sucks? It sucks that I know half of this is instinct. That i can't control it. What makes it worse is I don't know even if you did accept these declarations if they are uninfluenced. Because I'm your literal drug. I really screwed myself over there. Plus you're a hero!" He forced a laugh, "So we would have to sneak about. You keep meeting me in these gross places, plus you get beat up...villains leaving their mark on you"

"Keigo. Its my job"

"I know. Trust me I know. But when they hurt you," he grit his teeth, "It makes me want to go on a fucking rampage. I have left plenty of scars on you...and now I want to leave plenty more marks to cover up each one I didn't make-"

My phone started blaring loudly cutting us both off. I pull it out with a few grumbles from keigo. Of course. They need me.

Keigo was pissed but I left. Then again the call may have saved me. At least gives me time to process whatever the fuck just happened.