"If I were you I'd be far more embarrassed kneeling at my feet right now"

"I will gag you if you don't shut up"

"That a threat or a promise? Cause I'll give you something to gag on"

"News flash, I bite" she bit to click her teeth.

"Oh really?" I smirk, "I think I have enough marks from you already"

She flushed confused, "What???"

I roll up my sleeve showing the scar on my forearm, "Like this one"

She huffed pulling up her skirt a little more to show a pink scar on the meat of her thigh, "Mines worse"

"I don't remember that one" I muse

"Happened on the bridge. Your feathers knocked me and i got gashed on some exposed steel"

"Ah, that's why you were limping at the gardens"

"No that was after you decided to drop me from a rooftop"

"Yeah, cause you pulled a knife. That's how I got this cut"

"Puny cut" she showed a round scar in her shoulder blade

"I don't remember that one either"

"Different villain, he took a shotgun like ability to my shoulder blade. About shattered it"

"What!?" I take more interest in the scar, "Who the fuck was it?"

"Why do you care?"

"Cause you're my hero. Only I get to mark you up" I smile rubbing a hand over the large scar. I don't need a name. I'll find him and fucking kill em.

"Ha ha, very funny Icarus. I have plenty of scars from villains, and not just you"

That hit such a cord with me. No idea why either. She seemed to notice my peeved state but got up.

"I should get headed out" she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly

"Fine, ill see you soon. My little hero" I smirk at her.

What am I to do.

Readers POV

That fucking itch. It's back and here I am hunting the bird. I enter the warehouse and about flinch seeing him wiping blood off his hands, "Icarus?"

"Oh, you're here? Also why don't you call me by my name. We both know you know it so use it instead of the silly headliner"

"Did you-"

"Kill someone? Of course" he shrugged

"You can't-"

"Im a villain honey, legality isn't a problem for me, neither is morality" he used a water jug to rinse off his hands followed by a rag

"I'll arrest you" I threaten

"We already know you won't" he smiled, "I killed a villain anyway. Its fine"

"It doesn't matter who it is"

"Ah but you see, it mattered to me" he wiped his hand off on a rag before suddenly grabbing me by the chin, "He stuck his grubby little fingers into something that wasn't his. I don't intend on letting anyone like that to get away with it"

"Thats what the jus-"

"Justice system is shit sweetie. You know how many people I killed while I was a hero? I can tell you, I've killed less as a villain than any top charts hero out there right now"