☾ chapter 31

D - D

The day had come where my dad was supposed to snatch me up from Haechan but since I wasn't anywhere near their base I don't know how that would be possible. I wasn't at The Boyz' base but at their dorms and they were about to tell me why I was here. To be honest I trust them quite a bit because the used to collaborate with my father back in the days yet when they realised that my fathers business was harmful to society and putting the members of public in danger, they cut off all ties.

I mostly grew up with them, also knowing their back stories and why they had to join the mafia. It's not their fault and it's also nothing they could have prevented themselves because it happened when they were all so young, they were only forced to join the mafia because of their parents or having lost someone important to them.

People would say that I'm delusional for trusting a mafia group with my life, but I've entitled them with that respect and trust. I hoped that when I go downstairs i wouldn't have to listen to news that would shatter me completely. If I didn't know them I probably would've tried to attack them. I did learn martial arts a bit when i was younger, but it didn't seem to come that helpful since whenever I was in danger I would forget to use my abilities and just wait for someone to help 'the damsel in distress' which is me.

I took a quick shower and changed into the clothes that Kevin left by the sink. It was nerve-racking, just like the day I moved into the NCT dorms and stayed with them for the first time, awkward. I took slow and steady steps as my body was half covered by Kevin's oversized hoodie and shorts. I've never worn any other persons clothing other than Haechan's so I felt uncomfortable, other than the fact the Kevin's clothes were soft.

As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard distant muttering and I felt that I had the need to walk in. I don't know whether to walk in excitedly or just casually walk in. My mind couldn't be made up with these two options until I heard footsteps coming towards me. The faint footsteps alerted my brain and my eyes shot in the direction that it was coming from.

"Hey, Jaerin. We're all in here waiting for you," Kevin invited me in. The interior of the room was beautiful. White and grey walls as the breathtaking portraits bought the dull room to life. The crazy contrast of colours made me feel loved and hopeful. I took small steps into the room that had a big oak wood door, everyone sitting in their allocated seats as they turned their heads, smiling warmly.

"Sit here," Sunwoo spoke. My eyes were forming tears as I recalled our memories together.

"So...we have something important to tell you. Listen carefully because I'm only going to be saying it once, understand?" Eric questioned. I nodded, giving him a small smile as I let him continue.

"Your father was trying to sell you off to Wooyoung, right?" He began.

"Yes," the small strength in voice called out.

"He wanted Wooyoung to take you because he never wanted you in the first place. He let Wooyoung abuse you and he did so too. Did he do anything to you specifically?" Eric paused. His eyes filled with worry and anticipation as my mouth opened but the words were trapped in my throat, only uh- was able to leave my mouth properly.

"It's okay take your time," he reassured me. This conversation was bound to happen at some point so I might as well tell them.

I took in a deep breath and began.

"One night, I was sitting in my room completing my composition that was due for the next week. It was maybe around 1am but it was urgently needed to be handed in and since it was Music and I really enjoyed the subject I thought 'why not complete it now'. So I was w-working on it," I began.