☾ chapter 29

D - 2

It was day 2 of waking up with her not by my side. Taeyong forced me to go to school so we can search the halls and hidden rooms in the school just in case she might be there. Her physically not by my side was eating me alive. The stress I felt, the tears I shed and the moments I spent with her would mean nothing if she is gone.

I rolled around in bed before deciding to have a shower and get dressed. I wore a black T-shirt and black jeans along with black shoes and a black cap. Who doesn't love an all black outfit?

At school it was rather quiet. Everyone seemed to realise that Jaerin wasn't here waking with me down the corridors. I wonder if she's eaten well and taken care of at least. It's the least we could ask for. I thought to myself.

I went to my classroom, the moment I stepped in all eyes were on me. I feel as though someone may know what happened to her but are too scared to tell anyone, in case they were threatened and their life is in danger.

I looked out of the window of the classroom and see Taeyong and Jaemin talking to the headteacher. I presume it's most likely about Jaerin. They all turned around and looked me straight in the eyes before presuming their conversation.

Taeyong's POV

"Sir, are we allowed to search the school?" I asked.

"You can, yes, but you must tell me the reason," the headteacher smiled.

"Jaerin went missing," I began, "and the last place she was seen was here, in school," I pointed. The headteacher nodded before questioning, "Is there anyone in particular that is the closest relative?"

I shook my head and then turned to look at Haechan before pointing, "He is the closest relationship that we have to Jaerin. She's in a lot of danger so we must find her if you allow us."

"Okay then, very well. You'll have full access to the schools dorms and basement," he added. I smiled and walked with Jaemin to Haechan's classroom to tell him the news.

Before we got to the door of the classroom, a young boy bumped into me and fell onto the floor, his papers scattered across the floorboards of the dirtied classroom.

I quickly helped him pick up the scattered papers before realising that he was the exact same boy from the cctv cameras we checked earlier. I was pretty sure my eyes were not fooling me. I turned my head to look at Jaemin, giving him signals with my eyes which he seemed not to understand so I faced Haechan and tried to give him signals and he replied with a nod.

"Hey kid, have you seen Jaerin around?" I asked him. I had to ask anyone that was last seen with her or last saw her.

He shook his head, "The last time I saw her was a couple of days ago by the staircase when she was upset."

"Upset?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "upset about what?"

"Upset about Haechan playing around with other girls," he replied. I sighed before whipping my head around to face Haechan and shaking my head furiously.

"Okay thank you," I murmured, "see you around."

Yes, I was furious but Jaemin seemed more furious. He walked up to Haechan and pulled him by his collar before pulling him out of the classroom and into the corridors. All the students gasped and watched carefully so I shut the door so no one could hear a thing.

"Sorry Jaemin," Haechan spoke, tears filled the brim of his eye.

"Haechan! Let's go, we're going to look for her now!" Jaemin spoke, he didn't want to seem too angered by it so quickly brushed it off before it gets to him.