when we were both in my room, I told him that I needed to talk to Anna quickly, so I closed the door, ran downstairs to Anna to make sure she wouldn't tell Rose or Jason about Derek coming and when she agreed I ran back upstairs and entered my room. As I closed my door and turned around, I saw him sitting on my bed, staring at my drawings. I grabbed them from his hand, placed them on my desk and told him to stop snooping my room. After I sat down on the chair at my desk and waited for him to speak. "I honestly do not know why you are upset that we're dating cause it's either you're mad she never told you even though you lost touch or because you still have a crush on me." he said. I was about to speak when he carried on, "but that's not why I'm here." "Then why are you here?" I asked him impatiently. "Mels is sad because you're mad at her, especially since you two went to preschool together. Now it would be easier if it was someone else, but since it's you, and you've changed-" "I'm still the same, you're the one that's different. Now I don't know maybe you were always like this or because it grew throughout these four years-" I said cutting him, but he cut my speech as well. "I'm still the same. Besides who's the one that dyed their hair in this room." He stated. After that, it went silent, until we both brought up why it was probably the reason we argued when we dated. Few seconds later at the same time as we were getting back on topic, the front door slammed, and I heard Rose shouting my name. Derek and I passed stares when Rose called me again. We both got up and I pushed him into my closet. I got out my room, closed the door, ran downstairs and went to Rose. She looked at me and asked me if I could help her with the groceries. I nodded my head, but she noticed that I kept looking upstairs so as I was leaving, she asked if I was okay. I nodded my head again and went outside to the car to pick up the plastic bags.

As I stood behind the car, I peeked to check if Rose was looking at me so that I could send Derek message to climb out my window. After the message sent, I quickly put my phone back in my pocket; I took out the groceries, took them in the house and put them on the kitchen counter. I was about to go back to get the others when Rose asked me what Derek's car was doing outside. Staring through the window and pretended to act surprised while trying to think of the perfect excuse, and just then, I received a message. I read the message and came up with an excuse. I explained to Rose that I was meant to hang out with Derek to catch up on old times and help him with the homework. Gladly she believed my lie and said that I could go. I gave her a hug, ran upstairs to get proper shoes and books, ran downstairs and went outside.

He drove us to a park. When he parked his car, I glared at him and asked him why we came here. Derek rotated his head my direction and told me that he refuses to go back to the café we went to because he thought it was creepy. As he opened the car door and was about to get out, he noticed me not moving, still having my seat belt on and refusing to go. He closed the door, glared at me, said I was getting out the car then got out. I watched him as he walked around the car from the back until I couldn't see him no more. Leaning back onto the seat, closing my eyes and relaxing, Derek opens the door, stretches over me to unbuckle the seat belt and pulls me out, dropping the books on the floor in the car and landing on the ground. I looked up at him and asked him if that was really necessary. He pulled me onto the grass and went back and closed the car door and locked the car when I fell face flat. By the time he turned back around to me, I was already standing up with my arms crossed. He walked towards the nearest chair passing me, so I decided to follow. Once we were both settled, he leaned closer, putting his arms on the table and begged me, "Rebecca please. Can you just forgive Melody? You don't even need to forgive me, we'll talk about us another time." I rolled my eyes, my arms still crossed.

"First tell me why two moved here." I declared. He shook his head and said he couldn't. He said that Melody had to tell me herself and he didn't have the right. I nodded my head then told him to tell me the reason he moved, but he said he would tell me another time. I uncrossed my arms and let them lie on my sides as I leaned back and slid down the chair, looking at the direction of the sun. He called my name, I turned my head back to him, sat up, and told him that I would do it. After I explained to him that we had to pretend we were friends in front of her and that he had to buy me ice-cream. He gave me a straight face after I mentioned the ice-cream, but eventually got up and bought me the ice-cream. I stayed with him for an extra hour as we walked and talked, and I actually helped him with homework. He dropped me off back at home at 2pm. I waved bye and we both let out a small smile as he left. Once I closed the door and heard Jason, Rose and Anna in the sitting room laughing. I knocked on the wall and waited for them to notice for me before I headed to my room. By the time we all said our hellos and byes and I was leaving the room, Rose asked if it was the same Derek Smith from Hawaii. I turned my head to Jason to see his expression before I nodded my head and attempted to leave, unfortunately, Jason asked me the same question. Frustrated, I turn around with a fake smile and say yes. After I ask, he if he knew Derek was moving here or if he was involved and suddenly the room went silent. "You know what – never mind, Bye." I told him and left to my room. I put my books on my desk, took out my phone, looked at Melody's contact and contemplated whether I was ready to forgive her. Few seconds after I closed my contacts, threw my phone on my bed and relaxed.