37. The Cusp Of Insanity (III)

Start from the beginning

Anyone who'd seen them last night would know that the vines were a vibrant fresh green before but now they were blackened and dead.

"Tha....." Lee Hyunjin looked around the area but he couldn't see the person he'd been speaking to, "hello?" He called out.

"Over here."

Lee Hyunjin followed the direction of the voice and then he saw a beautiful young woman wearing a simple brown collared white shirt with brown pants. She had a dark sash tied around her waist and a reverse crown of autumn leaves on her head.

She had fair skin and deep brown eyes, her golden hair was tied in a loose ponytail and she sat with her hands clasped together resting above her lap.

Most importantly, she had pointed ears like the elves he'd read about in stories and seen in movies.

Lee Hyunjin was stunned

Lee Hyunjin was stunned. She was really beautiful... "you are... you're the one that saved me..." he said, fumbling with his words out of nervousness.

She smiled at him, "yes, please take a seat," she gestured to the space on the fallen tree she was sitting on.

Lee Hyunjin moved to sit with her and to his surprise, Minhee left the comfort of his hands to go sit on the young lady's lap, it was as if she was telling Lee Hyunjin that this person wasn't dangerous.

The young lady smiled at Minhee, "not so vigilant anymore?" She asked teasingly whilst softly tugging at Minhee's small ears. Minhee growled stubbornly but didn't resist, she rubbed her head against the lady's palm.

"How are you feeling?" The young lady asked Lee Hyunjin.

"Ah... I feel great, nothing hurts and in fact I feel kinda healthy," Lee Hyunjin mused, he felt really great now that he thought about it... yet wasn't he half eaten by dogs?

"That's good, your injuries were really grave, I'm glad you're alright now," the young woman said but then she suddenly reached out a hand and pressed her thumb gently against his forehead.

A cool feeling like gentle wind spread through Lee Hyunjins body, from his forehead to his toes and then he coughed up a mouthful of black blood.

"Ugh.... that tastes terrible," Lee Hyunjin found his body now felt lighter after coughing that out.

"I apologise for that, I needed to remove the remainder of corrupted energy in your body," she explained.

"No... it's fine, you helped me," Lee Hyunjin wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, "my name is Hyunjin, what's your name?"

"Einari," she answered.

Lee Hyunjin scratched the back of his head, "that's a nice name."

Einari smiled, "thank you, unfortunately we dont have a lot of them," her expression turned grave, "listen even if you can absorb any and all forms of spirit, you mustn't absorb corrupted spirit, too much of it will do serious harm."