" Why didn't you come down for breakfast, " he asked me.

"I didn't want to eat because of my morning sickness."

He cupped my cheek and smiled sadly.

"Your eyes are just like your mother's. They never lie."

A tear escaped my eye at the mention of my mother. I missed her more than ever. Luis wiped away my tears. His grey eyes were also suspiciously moist.

"I miss her. I wish she was here with us," l choked out , gulping back tears.

Luis hugged me tighter.

"I know. I miss her too."

I closed my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder. We remained like that for a while, drawing comfort from each other.

I told him about Ferracco seeing those photos and getting angry for a moment.

"I am afraid that's one thing he has to learn to accept and live with. His enemy was also a parent to you. It's not something you can erase. So don't feel bad about it."

"I am going to visit your mother's grave next week," he added.

"I will accompany you. It's been a long time since l visited her."

"You can't go , Jane. It's...."

"Dad!"

"You are six months pregnant and not in a condition to travel. I will take you there once the baby comes."

I breathed out a weary sigh. He was right.

"Bianca will escort me so don't worry."

I cocked an eyebrow smiling mischievously. Ferracco once told me that he suspected there was something going on between them. He and Hazel had even bet a fifty dollars over it.

"I have noticed that the two of you have grown suspiciously much closer over the past weeks."

Luis flashed me a smile. He leaned forward and whispered in a conspiratory voice.

"I am planning on proposing. Don't tell anyone."

I held his hand smiling widely. His news was like a ray of sunshine breaking out on a great cold day.

"I am glad you chose her. Bianca is a wonderful woman."

At that moment the door opened and Elena came in dragging Bianca behind her. She came towards the bed and took Luis's hand.

"I am taking you to my tea party," Elena told him.

He laughed out in a merry voice.

"In my old age , there is nothing l enjoy more than playing games with my granddaughter," he chuckled.

He took Elena's little hand and walked towards the door. At the door he paused and looked back at me. He smiled secretly at me and l smiled back. I knew his smile had something to do with Bianca.

"You did not come down for breakfast. Are you okay?," Bianca asked in a worried voice.

I smiled at her thinking about Luis's plans to propose. They would make a great couple. I rubbed my bulging stomach smiling.

"Just the usual. Morning sickness. I will eat the breakfast Luis brought me after having a shower."

Bianca smiled when she spotted the breakfast tray. She gave me a stern look.

"I will be keeping an eye on you , young lady. No more skipping meals . It's not good for the baby."

I laughed giving her a mock salute.