Part Six: As Long As They Don't Touch

Start from the beginning

Elena scoffed but smirked behind her tears, making Katherine narrow her eyes. "And we are a family, even though both of us are abandoned, we are still a family" Elena looked at her as she was not able to believe. Katherine just nodded and led the way. "And maybe I am in mood for nursery shopping today"

And then in a weird way, they became best friends. Katherine was always next to Elena, and Elena was right. Damon tried to kill the baby after the news of Elena was having Klaus' child. Everyone was mad, Caroline was mad, Tyler was mad, Damon and Stefan were mad. Matt was taking it easier, he was just not into the fact that Elena was carrying a Mikaelson, mostly because Rebekah had broken his heart.

But once the red headed baby came to world, Damon was glad he didn't kill something that precious. Caroline quickly warmed up with the idea of being an aunt and Stefan, Stefan was just wandering around and avoiding Elena. Not like Elena was complaining, it was working for her not to see Stefan around.

At first, everyone was scared because Elena was not waking up. Jeremy quickly called Kol and Kol was there by the morning. He was about yell at them how careless they were right before he saw Elena holding a baby and crying as she was smiling widely. "Elena, are you alright?"

The Original Vampire ran to his best friend's side as Elena nodded and showed the baby girl to her uncle. Kol couldn't help but chuckled, looking at her wrinkled little nose and her little tongue she was always sticking around. "She is beautiful"

"I know" Elena nodded and they both continued to stare at the baby. Kol kissed Elena's hair as he looked at her for any kind of injury. "Jeremy told me you were dead but you-" He stopped once he realized, his eyes widened and looked at her with shock. "You are vampire" Elena nodded and looked at her daughter. "Her blood turned me, my own daughter saved me"

Kol looked at his niece with amazement as he looked at her. He turned to Elena who was smiling faintly. "What's her name darling?" Elena smiled even wider, thinking about the name she had been determined for days now. "Ophelia"

"Help, Ophelia means help" Kol said, rolling the name on his tongue joyfully. Elena nodded and looked at her daughter lovingly. "She was the biggest help I have ever had, her remaining is the one thing keeping me alive" Kol nodded and looked at the girls laying between his arms.

He was happy to protect them, he was happy to have them in his arms as Elena was smiling to her daughter. Klaus was not there because of his own mistakes and stupidity and Kol was not there to take Klaus' role over. He was a confider, a best friend and a brother to Elena and they both were more than happy.

A few months passed, Elena was attending the college and looking after her daughter at the same time. She had to compel her way to have her daughter inside of the campus but they were doing well.

When she was attending lessons, Katherine was looking after Ophelia with a great pleasure. Even though Kol was opposing the idea of Katherine being close to his niece, Elena had faith on Katherine. Plus he was not able to come back to Mystic Falls because of all of the drama going down in New Orleans. Maybe Elena did the best thing with not taking her child to New Orleans after all.

One day, Elena did not come back to her dorm room. She was not answering Katherine's calls and she was not texting back as well. Without anything coming her mind, Katherine dialed Kol's number who answered it after the third ring. "What do you want Katerina?"

"Kol, Elena is missing" Kol's eyes widened as he stood up and walked out of his house. He looked around cautiously before answering. "What the bloody hell you mean that Elena is missing?"

"She didn't come back from her lesson, I can't reach her. Kol this is not normal, Elena would never turn her phone off or she would never be late. Please, I need your help" Kol nodded his head but cursed himself mentally because she was not able to see him. "I will run the fifteen hours, wish me luck"