chapter 21

2019 - fifteen

once the school bell signalled dismissal, doyoung eagerly ran to minji's classroom, gratified that he had united with his best friend after what felt like an eternity. he popped his head in to check if she was still in the classroom and found yedam seated next to her, solving calculus questions while the female he was looking for was sleeping. didn't this scene look familiar?

doyoung went into the room and asked, "why's she so tired?"

"she had training last night and stayed up the entire night to complete her homework. can we talk for a while?" yedam signalled for them to go outside for the conversation. the younger followed him outside the room and asked, "what is it about?"

not knowing how to approach the topic, yedam decided to beat around the entire bush. "ah, you see. i know that you and minji had stopped fighting and i know the both of you are on better terms now. she also told me you knew about her feelings all along as well. as your childhood friend, i feel the need to teach you how to treat someone properly. but as someone who likes minji, i really want to give you a punch on the face. i just wanted to tell you that i'm going to properly court min from now on." the president honoured his promise that he would start chasing the female once the fight was over.

"i wish you luck hyung," doyoung could feel a tug in his chest as he said it. he knew he had fallen for minji ever since the day in the nurse room.

he wasn't stupid, yedam could see how his friend's face fell as he heard those words. he did not intend to declare some war with his childhood friend just for a girl, but instead, he wanted to confirm something. something doyoung would not admit with his own mouth. 

"isn't there still an hour before your club activities start?" yedam then tried to brush away the previous topic.

"we have a meeting with the teachers today to update about the club's progress and our plan for the next term."

"ahh... wake her up gently then. she's in a bad mood today," yedam alerted the younger.

he nodded in acknowledgement and the two went back into the classroom. doyoung proceeded to poke the girl's cheeks in rhythm of calling her, "min. ji. wake. upp."

minji's eyebrows started to furrow but she continued to sleep. before doyoung could continue, yedam quickly pulled his hand back and frowned, "she would've killed you if she woke up." 

the fox-eyed caressed the head of minji and soothingly whispered, "min, wake up already. you have a meeting with the teachers." 

deja vu, doyoung thought.

the female only adjusted her sleeping position and mumbled, "what time is it?"

"time to wake up," doyoung announced, not wanting to continue seeing a romance drama play in front of him. minji immediately jolted up hearing that voice and drank the bottle of water he had opened. 

"shit, i forgot i had to meet the radio club's teachers. dam, could you you help me cover the meeting with the logistics team today? i'll cover your lunch duty for next week." the female pleaded while scolding herself for being so empty-headed. 

"yup sure, i'll update you at night. you'll reach home about 10pm right? and you don't have to cover my lunch duties, what about making me lunchboxes instead?" the president suggested. 

"deal! i'll be home around 10pm i guess, i'll let you know once i reach home." minji stood up and grabbed her bag while talking, "we'll go first yea, bye bye."

though he could smile back and wave, while seeing the pair walk off, yedam could only think about how he was constantly the catalyst of their relationship, and he did not want to do that anymore.