Goodbye

Y/N's POV:
School was pretty normal and boring. I sat next to Daniel in our classes we had together and tried to push out the bad thoughts.
I went home to finally talk about what my parents were talking about in the first place. That's what's been really weighing on me the whole day. I didn't care about school nor Daniel at the time. I wanted to go home and finally discuss whatever issue was going on.
Before I got in my bike and drove home I gave Daniel a kiss and said I would call him later, although I was still doubting him a little. I wanted to believe him, but home life was too worrying right now to care about whether or not Daniel was telling the truth.
Speaking of home life, as soon as I got home I saw my parents sitting at the table, a few things packed.
"Honey," my mom starts "have a seat."
I started to worry. Don't tell me that my dad is leaving again, or even worse, I'm moving.
I took a seat at the table. "Is everything okay?" I asked.
"I know how much you dread this place, and because of the current circumstances, we have to move." My mom replies.
I wanted to break down and cry. Why now? What about dance? What about Daniel?
"But.. why now?" My voice cracked.
"I know you don't want to but, it's for the best." My dad says.
"Okay then tell me what's wrong." I said.
My dad hesitates. He looks at my mom and she nods her head a 'yes'.
"Well, I want to try again and be more apart of your life. We're moving back to Illinois (a/n: where y'all lived before.)
I didn't know how to feel. Excited? Sad? I mean it wasn't the worst option, I did miss it there. I missed my friends, family, and dance there.
How was I gonna tell Daniel? Would he actually care? I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on to Ali.
Instead of being a burden with telling him, I just won't. If we ever see each other again, it'll be fate.
"Okay," I sighed.
Their faces looked a little relieved, probably thinking I was gonna have a hissy fit when they told me.
Before they could say anything else, I went upstairs to start packing. I didn't know if I would miss this place or not.
When I got to my room, a lot of my things were not there.
"What time do we leave?" I yelled out to them downstairs.
"Tonight, 11:00 P.M." my mom yelled back.
Then it hit me. This was actually happening. I was leaving California. I was leaving Daniel, west valley high, dance. Everything.
I didn't bother crying. What was crying gonna do for me? Yeah I was upset but I didn't really even have friends besides them at dance.
I packed whatever was left assuming my parents did most of it. Then I laid down on my mattress waiting until it was time to go.

*time skip*

I felt myself being shaken awake. My mom.
"We have to go, we can't be late for the plane." She whispers.
I got all of my bags and my phone. And walked downstairs to the car. The car ride was silent and I was still half asleep.
About 20 minutes later, we were at the airport and it didn't take long for them to call us to board the plane. My mom gave them the tickets, and then off we went.
I took out my phone and decided to text Daniel.

Y/N:
Goodbye ❤️.

I closed my phone and immediately saw a text back from Daniel. I didn't bother to open it.
Was this goodbye forever? Only fate would tell me.

As I took my seat, I fell asleep. Goodbye California, forever?