A New Era with a New Supreme

Start from the beginning

"Since your extraordinary public statement last month, there has been quite a bit of fanfare. This frank revelation about your cult, that's sparked a brouhaha in the media, and-" The man was cut off by the blonde.

"Let me clarify, Bill." She said, smiling politely, "We are not a cult. We don't proselytize. We have no agenda. We are not recruiting." She folded her hands in her lap, "Women who identify as witches are born as such, and their abilities, which we call powers, are a part of who they are, part of their DNA, if you will." She explained.

Off in another room, the witches of the academy and Kyle sat in chairs, proudly watching the interview on a monitor. All the girls were wearing black and Angel had her sister's shawl wrapped around her shoulders, her sunglasses sitting firmly on the bridge of her nose.

"Oh, I see. So in fact, you're saying that it's not a choice, being a witch." Bill elaborated.

Cordelia nodded, "That's exactly what I'm saying. There are so many young witches who have resisted their calling because they're afraid of how they may be perceived, or what's expected of them."

"But there are still hate crimes."

"That is true." Cordelia agreed, "But you know, when you hide in the shadows, you are less visible, you have less protection. We'll always be targets for the ignorant. It is what it is. But we are strong women, Bill."

"So, what would you like to say to all the girls watching and wondering if they might be witches?" Bill prompted.

Cordelia looked directly into the camera lens and smiled, "Call us, email us, or just come to New Orleans. There is a home and a family waiting for you."

With that, the interview was concluded and the crewman began packing up their belongings, getting ready to move on to the next job. Cordelia politely shook hands with Bill and went to go join her girls. They stood from their chairs and gave proud smiles, nodding in approval. Angel rushed forward and gave the tall blonde a hug.

In the month since her rise, the two had grown closer than ever. Angel still had her bad days and cried when she missed her older sister but she was glad to have found a new place with the coven. It was just as Cordelia had promised her, she was never alone while she was here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel opened another new file placed on Cordelia's desk, peering at the information of a potential witch.

"Addison Jaques. Detroit, Michigan." Angel said.

Cordelia nodded and took a pin, sticking it on Detroit. Before the Supreme, was a giant map of the United States, a large number of red pins stuck to it in varying places. Each one represented a potential witch who had submitted an application, in hopes of joining Miss Robichaux's.

Angel was about to grab another file and read off the information but Myrtle had entered the room.

"Hello, dear. Do you mind if I speak to our Supreme alone?" She politely asked.

Angel looked up at Cordelia, she nodded, "Go ahead. Maybe find Zoe, I'm sure she'd appreciate your company."

The girl snorted, placing the file back on the desk and standing, "Yeah, if she's not suckin' face with Kyle right now."

Cordelia shook her head in amusement, ruffling the girl's hair as she passed by her on her way out.

"I'm so proud of you." Myrtle stated as soon as they were by themselves.

Cordelia turned back to the map, "We need to discuss the Council. We've never had young witches on the Council, and Angel, Queenie, and Zoe all deserve an elevated role at the school to set them apart. What do you think?" She asked, looking at Myrtle for her opinion.