Final update </3

Hey guys!!! this is an UNFINISHED chapter
i know i said it was iffy for me to even continue this fic a while back and unfortunately that was the case.
you can read through this unedited bit if you want--- but it ends abruptly and there will be a long authors note at the end.

I've matured a lot since I started this fanfiction, and I think it's time to finally move on.

please enjoy this small excerpt <3

I woke up to Shuichi shaking me awake with a worried expression on his face.

"Kichi! Wake up! Are you okay?" He kept sputtering until i groaned and rolled over.

The floor beneath me was cold and stone-like. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I found it was tile.

"Where.. am I?" I murmured, my head spinning.

"You passed out in the bathroom earlier. You were out cold for at least an hour..."

My head was pounding intensely as the navy-haired boy next to me fretted over me for a good five minutes.

I closed my eyes and gently laid my head back on the cool tile, letting out a yawn.

"Kokichi! Did you pass out again?! Are you sick?!"

I let out a low groan as the pain in my head worsened.

"Urgh... I think I need to lay down for a bit.."

"Okay!"

I felt his warm arms around me, carefully picking me up and gently releasing me onto the comforting surface of his soft bed.

He caressed my hair and tucked me in, murmuring sweet words into my ears.

"It's okay, Kichi. You can rest for a while, alright? Please call for me if you need anything."

I felt my face heat up as he gently held my face and tenderly kissed my forehead.

It was an incredibly flustering experience.

And just like that, he had left the room.

My face was cherry-red at this point.

His words were so kind, his demeanor so welcoming.

But his presence wasn't in the room anymore, so I shifted underneath the covers and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Pleasant dreams of Shuichi plagued me all afternoon.

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

My soulmate looked so beautiful.

He was underneath the covers of the bed I had so neatly made in preparation of this moment, his pale face dusted with a light rose color- slowly growing redder in hue.

I ran my fingers through his hair, whispering soothing words to him.

'If he loves me enough, maybe I won't have to keep him here.' I thought, lost in the beauty of my beloved's perfect face.

'Nah. He would cheat on me the first chance he gets with that robot. Plus, he gets bullied by my "friends". I would need to eliminate them before that happened, but I've already committed murder in the past week. It would be too risky.'

I caressed my love's beautiful cheek and planted a delicate kiss on his forehead.

I saw his eyes widen and face heat up.