February_19th.docx

There was really nothing out of the ordinary about that night in particular.

I mean, yeah, me and Rantaro DID argue a whole bunch over text.

And yeah.. I was very concerned about Kokichi the whole night.

But I still recharged at a reasonable hour.

I still sat behind the television watching Celebrity Ghost Stories and laughing about how bullshit half of the stories were.

I still didn't even think to check in.

If I had, maybe then none of this would have happened to him.

I still think about that.

When I got up and drove to school in the morning, nothing was really.. off.. at all.

I only noticed something was amiss when I sat down next to a very, very upset Rantaro in homeroom, and no Kokichi there at all.

"Heyyy... Rantaro? You doing alright there, bud?"

"No."

"What happened.....?"

"I can't fucking remember. I woke up this morning with no memory of ANYTHING that happened before 6 pm, and a huuuuuge fucking hangover. Kokichi left some of his stuff at my house, so I called him to let him know, but I was yelled at for five whole minutes by Shuichi before I hung up on him."

"What did he say?"

"Uuuugh, I can't remember. All the words are like, running together. This hangover is so shitty. I do remember that whatever he said made me feel VERY worried for Kokichi though."

"I'm sure he'll be okay. Do you remember anything that happened like very vaguely?"

"No, dumbass. I'm a blackout drunk."

"I'm surprised you even know what the term means."

"Shut the fuck up, Kiibo. I'm not in the mood."

"Fiiine."

We sat in silence for the rest of the period, anxiously awaiting an arrival from someone we wouldn't see again in a long time.

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

I was so thankful for Shuichi that day.

I didn't end up being that thankful later, but in that moment he was the person who had drove me to a safe place, listened to me cry, and respected my boundaries.

After I told him what happened, something changed in his behavior. It was subtle, but noticeable.

It wasn't anything I could have described, really. A jolt of fear in his eyes after i spoke those words told me everything I needed to know.

He had gone through the same thing I had.

I don't believe anyone was there for him, either. He had to suffer through it, alone.

He let me sleep in his bed while he slept on the floor.

In the middle of the night I woke up to something touching my forehead quickly, but it was gone when I opened my eyes.

Shuichi was walking down the hallway for something.

It was a comfortable sleep, besides that.