𝐯𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐦 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐭, 𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

She seemed surprised at the amount, both knowing the cost was far less. "Keep the change. Don't bother us."

Adeline left the room, leaving the woman with her mouth shaped in a suggestive 'o' and sending Draco a wink.

They went upstairs and found the door to their room, opening it to reveal a depressing room with a bed, a dingy ceiling light, a lone wooden chair in the corner and a small bathroom that probably has housed many dead bodies.

"This is cosy," Draco muttered, moving around her to enter.

Adeline exhaled, rolling out her neck and letting the anger ebb away from her chest.

"Maybe we should box dye your hair." She heard herself saying. Conversation would help her calm down maybe. She entered the room as Draco went to the window and draw the dusty curtains closed. He turned to her, a small grin on his lips.

"People would still hit on me if that's the problem." He moved from the window and started turning on the bedside lights.

Adeline closed the door behind her and snorted. "I mean so people don't recognise you."

Draco nodded his head, finally ceasing his movement and taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "I'd rather just get a hat."

She put down her bag and sat down on the wooden chair in the corner. For the first time in days, she felt tired. Probably had something to do with seeing her parents brutally disfigured and killed.

"Hmm." Adeline hummed without even realising it, catching the attention of Draco.

He stared at her and she stared at the floor. Without much of her own desire, Adeline felt an explanation bubble in her chest.

"Alexandre killed our parents." She admitted, the words leaving her lips before she wanted. She'd have to tell him everything now, all the parts she'd been hiding and living without him knowing. "He called me a few days ago, and it was something he said about Arthur's death. Then when you told me no one had heard from them in days, I knew that if Alexandre had seen them, they'd probably be dead."

Adeline realises she'd have to go back further, to the very beginning. Because while half her mind had been occupied with him during her whole life, Draco didn't even know who she really was. She let out a breath and looked up at him, his brows were pulled together, but he seemed intent on listening. 

So, she tells him, gives away all the parts of herself that he never understood, everything about Alexandre and her uncle, what happened the night of the fire.

She tells him she'd been imprisoned because of it, but she never mentioned the Order or Dean. Goldfinch was easy to weave in without giving away too much. Adeline isn't sure why she didn't tell Draco about Dean. Maybe it was because she knew they hated each other, or maybe she thought he'd be glad he was dead. 

Maybe Adeline just wanted to keep that betrayal to herself, didn't want to give that piece away just yet. While she'd been foolish and naïve, she really did think they were friends. 

It's obvious Draco wants to ask though, to fill in the piece of the puzzle that's so clearly missing. She's reminded again of those stories she'd been told, about Draco and those other boys.

"That's it." She finished, her eyes drooping slightly. She must have been talking for at least an hour. "Now, I need to find him and kill him before he hurts anyone else."

Draco looked sufficiently shocked, as one would after finding out their childhood friend has been essentially possessed by her dead brother for most of her life.