- 0 2 -

{B. R. RAYNE}

Cliques. That's what Seaford High was all about. Cliques. There's the jocks, the heartthrobs, the popular girls, the cheerleaders, the gossipers, the outcasts, the usual cliques of high school. The division was most visible during lunch. The groups were divided, as if there was an invisible line that if someone dared to cross it the world would end.

I had no idea where to sit, so I just disappeared up some stairs, finding myself on the roof of the school. I sighed, sitting down beside the ledge, letting my feet dangle over it. "Hm. Thought I'd be alone up here," I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Jack standing there with a bottle. 

"What's that?" I asked, curiously. 

"This?" he lifted the bottle causing me to nod. "Eh. Coping fluids."

"Coping fluids?" I repeated.

"Yeah. You know, alcohol," he shrugged. I looked away uneasily. Jerry was right. He's not someone I'd want to hang out around. He took a gulp, sitting down beside me. "What're you doing up here?" he asked.

"Eating lunch," I responded nervously. "I can leave if you want."

"No, it's fine," he assured, not helping my case. 

"Well um I need to uh go talk to Mr. Burges about something for my history quiz later this week, so uh, I'll see you around," I excused. I'm not one to judge quickly, but from what Jerry's told me, he's not someone you should trust. I hurriedly collected my stuff, walking back into the school, leaving Jack on the roof.

<<< ••• >>>

{J. BREWER}

As I watched the girl walk away, I felt the anger build up in me again. Of course, I knew she wasn't going to see Mr. Burges. She's trying to get away from me. Jerry probably warned her to stay clear of me, which is understandable. I mean, I am drinking my pain away. "There you are," I heard Lindsey say. 

Lindsey. She's the slut who thinks after we fucked a couple times that we'll live happily ever after. She's got that annoying voice of a peppy cheerleader. But I have to give it to her. She's great in bed. Especially giving head. I should probably stop thinking about before I get hard. 

"What're you doing up here?" she asked curiously, sitting down beside me with a blunt, blowing puffs into the air, causing me to cough.

"A blunt? Lindsey, you know I don't like when you smoke those near me," I reminded her.

"Why? You smoke them," she pointed out.

"Only when I'm extremely depressed. Other than that, I can't. It'll ruin my lungs and I need them for karate. How else do you think we get alcohol and weed?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"You could always fuck them. You're great at that," she smirked causing me to smirk as well. "Ooh. Someone's excited," she snickered at the subtle tent in my pants. "Here, let me help with that." She pulled down my zipper, teasingly slow, taking her time to my dick. She's gonna be in for a long lunch.

<<< ••• >>>

{B. R. RAYNE}

I walked back into the cafeteria with what was left of my lunch, which was an apple. "There you are! I was starting to get worried," I heard Jerry say. I turned to face him to see he wasn't alone. He was with a redhead who looked sightly concerned.

"Uh I just went up to the rooftop," I shrugged.

"The rooftop?" the redhead repeated, his eyes widening. "That's where Jack and his 'girls' go during lunch to 'eat', if you know what I mean." I grimaced at the words.

"You guys make him sound terrible," I sighed.

"He is! He's the school player, heartthrob, and bad boy. Every girl is attracted to him, but he only stays for one night stands," Jerry told me. "Well, he's got an on and off girlfriend. Lindsey Birch. He fucked her once, said she was great in bed, and goes off to find her when he's horny."

"Maybe he's just misunderstood," I suggested. "I mean, he might just needs someone to help him."

"And who would do that?" Jerry asked. 

"I'd do it," I offered.

"No! You don't know what you'd be getting into," the redhead denied quickly. "Jerry tried helping him once and ended up in a coma for a month."

"Oh my god! What happened?" I asked in shock.

"Jack's new buddies jumped me. They beat me til I blacked out. Luckily, Milton found me in an abandoned alleyway when he was taking out the trash," Jerry answered, gesturing to the redhead.

"So you're Milton?" I asked. The redhead nodded.

"Jerry told me you were a new student at the Wasabi Dojo," Milton smiled. "I'm a student there too. I'm a brown belt." I nodded in response, my eyes wandering across the cafeteria.

"No! Not the pudding! You've been serving my lunch for 3 years already! You should know by now that I like pie!" a blonde shouted at the lunch lady, Marge.

"Right, of course dear. I'm sorry," Marge apologized, handing the blonde a piece of pie. 

"Who's that?" I asked, gesturing to the perky and snobby looking blonde.

"Kim Crawford. The Black Dragon princess, the number one beauty of Seaford," Milton replied. "She and Jack used to date. They looked great together. Power couple, really. But when Jack missed his plane to visit his family in Colorado and decided to pay a surprise visit to Kim, he found her, sprawled onto the bed with another boy, making out."

"That's awful," I sympathized.
"They say it's the reason he's so cold now. Kim broke him," Milton shrugged. "Now we just stand clear of him when he's working out in the dojo. I recommend you do the same."

"I recommend you stay clear of him altogether," Jerry added making Milton nod in agreement.

<<< ••• >>>

"Class, class, settle down please," Mrs. Madsen called over us. "Class!" she called again, shutting everyone up. "This may be an elective class, but I expect respect."

"Yes, Mrs. Madsen," we all chorused. I was in theatre arts class, waiting for class to begin. Since I only knew Milton and Jerry, I didn't have many friends, so I didn't have anyone to help me pass the time.

"Now, today-" Mrs. Madsen was cut off by the door swinging open. Jack and a brunette girl walked in, their clothes messily draping their body and their hair was all over the place.

"Looks like someone's been screwing around," a girl beside me muttered to her friend.

"Mr. Brewer, Ms. Birch, you realize you are late, correct?" Mrs. Madsen spoke scoldingly.

"Sorry, Lindsey just had this ache, so I helped her with it," Jack excused. Mrs. Madsen, thinking it was a stomachache or headache, dismissed the excuse.

"Just sit down," Mrs. Madsen said. "Now, as I was saying, today I will be choosing partners to work on a year long project. You and your partner will have to compose a skit about something you are passionate about, for instance, your parents' love story or your relationship growth with your partner. The partners will be permanent for the rest of the year."

Mrs. Madsen started listing the partners, but I stopped listening after my name had been announced with someone I was warned to stay clear from. Jack Brewer.