I told myself to calm down. That I was just another girl who he was flirting with. Because after all, just a moment ago, he was staring down at other girls with the same smile and blazing eyes. This was no difference.

“You look beautiful.” He said.

No difference.

“Your pale shoulders look sexy in that shirt.” Dominic added and placed a hand on them and brushed it with his fingers.

No diff-

His hand rose and tangled with my hair. “But I think you should tie your hair up.”

No d-

“That way your neck will be visible…” Dominic leaned down and whispered “And perfect for nibbling.”

My hands moved on their own and I shoved Dominic away from me. I knew I was blushing. I could feel my neck and face on fire. He was smirking down at me as I stared up at him with wide, shocked eyes.

“Like a Bunny during the Hunt.” He continued, as if I hadn’t just rejected his touch. “Watch out for the big bad wolf, Bunny. Or else you’ll get eaten.”

And then he left, making me gulp and release a shaky breath. My body was on fire, but I still shivered from his words. What did they mean though? Was he supposed to be the big bad wolf? Or was he just telling me to watch myself during the hunt? And why the sudden change in mood?

Stupid Dominic!

I calmed myself down when Sunshine eventually came back. I asked her what she and Karen talked about, but she didn’t tell me. That was more than enough proof I needed that it was something about me. Did she try to get Karen into the plan as well?

As I was still pestering her to tell me, the sun finally set and the moon shined in the night sky. Which signaled the beginning of the hunt.

Some werewolves already transformed and ran into the forest, following their instincts. Others were still hanging around on the dorm grounds. I was frozen solid when I spotted Dominic coming up towards me.

“What are you doing?” Sunshine hissed in my head. “Get out there! My brother’s already coming!”

“I know!” I hissed back. But for some reason, I couldn’t move. It’s like my legs were suddenly scared of moving now. For encouragement, Sunshine shoved me and my legs immediately took me in the opposite direction of Dominic.

“Helen!” he shouted with something like irritation. I turned back to see Sunshine had stopped him in his track. He stared down at her before shooting his eyes back to me and I jumped from shock and turned back around before continuing to run.

When I thought I was a pretty good distance away, I sighed and leaned against a tree that was nearby. Why did I freeze when I saw Dominic? And why is he still so persistent and keeping me from participating in the Hunting?

Over the years, he’s never shown any sort of attraction towards me. And now all of a sudden, he wants me to stay single? The only reason I could think of was because he wanted me for himself. At the thought, I blushed, but immediately shook my head.

Couldn’t be. The biggest question would be: why now? He had plenty of times over the years to claim me as his mate. So why would he decide to do that now?

I looked around and saw a fallen tree and decided to go and sit down before sighing. I looked down at my clothes and wondered if Dominic felt any attraction at what I wore. Or maybe he was just flirting like usual.

I brought my knees up and hugged them close to my chest. Suddenly, I’m not in the mood for Hunting anymore. I was already in the forest, but hadn’t yet transformed into a wolf. Maybe I’ll just sit for a while before heading back to the dorm grounds.