Sick Day

(modern setting, age 16)

—————————————

Falcos POV:

"Ugh, what time is it? My head is absolutely pounding."

I slowly sat up from my bed, reaching over to grab my phone from my nightstand.

"It's only 4 am, great.."

I carefully pulled the blanket from my body, placing my feet on the cold floor. I felt like absolute shit. My head was hurting, my stomach was in excruciating pain, and I felt completely flushed.

I decided to head to the bathroom, making sure to take my phone with me just in case. Once I got there, I placed my phone on the counter and stood in front of the sink. I quietly turned on the tap and started splashing my face with cold water.

My parents weren't even here right now, so it's not like I really had to worry about being quiet, especially since my brothers room is
downstairs, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

bzzt bzzt

I picked up my phone, wondering who could possibly be texting me at a time like this.

Gabi:  Are you up? I can't sleep so I was wondering if you wanted to go on one of those early morning walks we used to go on a lot.

I smiled and quickly typed back.

Falco:  I can't believe you remembered.

Gabi:  Yeah yeah, now answer the question.

I slightly frowned, not wanting to disappoint her by being sick.

Falco:  I really want too, but I unfortunately woke up feeling really sick today, so I don't think I can. I'm really sorry Gabi.

Read.

Great, just great.

Gabi:  Open your window, I'm going to come over instead then. Don't worry, my parents don't give a fuck where I am as long as I'm alive when they find me. Plus I even left a note, so it's not a big deal.

I ran back to my room as fast as I could, quickly throwing my phone onto my bed and walking over to my window.

I was honestly quite shocked she was coming over. It's not like we don't hang out, I just thought she'd think it's too much of an inconvenience to be around me while I'm sick.

The sound of a rock against my window pulled me from my thoughts. I could see Gabi waiting impatiently outside, so I quickly opened the window, waiting for her to come inside.

"You know you could have just knocked on my window instead of hitting it, right?"

I watched as she closed the window behind her, before turning around to look at me.

"I know that, but it's more fun this way. Plus you were TOTALLY spacing out, so if you think about it, I totally helped."

I sighed. She wasn't wrong, but still.

"What're you doing just standing there? Get your ass in bed stupid, you're sick! I'm going to get a few things, okay? You better be lying down by the time I'm back."

I stared at Gabi as she left the room, quickly lying down in bed. I really didn't want to know what would happen if I didn't listen. I had no idea where she was going, but I was too tired to worry about it right now. So tired.

Gabis POV:

I quietly made my way downstairs, thankful I knew my way around this house. Once I made it to the kitchen, I turned on my phone's flashlight and started looking around for some hot cocoa mix.