Video Games

(modern setting, age 16)

—————————————

Gabi's POV:

"Guys, guys! Wanna hang out after school today? I know a great place we can go!

I ran up to Udo and Zofia who were leaning up against their lockers. Udo looked over and smiled, while Zofia just gave a small nod.

"Hell yeah!! It's been forever since we hung out, I was getting so bored! Oh, but where's Falco? He has to come too."

Zofia just smirked at me, as I stared at her in confusion.

"You want your precious Falco to come too? Didn't think you'd ever admit your feelings for him."

I stared at her in shock. How could she have known? I was sure I was doing a good job hiding it.

I rolled my eyes, grabbed her and Udo's hand, and started dragging them to our next class. I guess I'll just have to go ask Falco later.

Falco's POV:

I heard the class door swing open, and in walked Gabi with Udo and Zofia following quickly behind her. It wasn't surprising for Gabi to be late, but Udo and Zofia? God, what did Gabi drag them into this time..?

Gabi quickly walked over to her desk, and sat down. Quite literally throwing her backpack on the ground beside her. For being such a mess sometimes, she sure was the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Plus her personality is amazing, even if she does tease me all the time.

"Psst, hey Falco? Wanna hang out with me, Udo, and Zofia after school? It'd be no funny without you, dork!"

I looked over at the voice coming from beside me. Was she really inviting me to hang out? Sure Udo and Zofia will be there, but it's just more time with Gabi! You can't turn an opportunity like that down.

"O-oh, I'd love too! I mean.. that'd be nice."

She smiled at me then quickly turned back to her notes.

"You don't need to be so shy all the time, we're best friends silly! I'm sorry I haven't been able to hang out with you guys a whole lot lately, that's why I want to make it up today! Plus I don't have any soccer games for a while, so we'll have lots of time to call like old times."

I smiled. She really did have one of the kindest hearts, I just wished more people gave her the chance to be herself. Sure she could be competitive, maybe kind of stubborn, and a little over confident sometimes, but it was a part of her charm. It makes her, her. She cares about the people she loves more than anything, and I love her so much for that.

I hadn't even noticed how long I had been staring at her until the teacher called my name. How embarrassing...

(After School)

The bell rung and I quickly ran outside to meet up with Gabi, Zofia, and Udo. I was beyond excited at this point! I missed this.

"Hey, Falco!! Over here."

I heard someone yell from the bike rack. It was Gabi! I ran over towards her and started unlocking my bike.