"I agree, sweetheart." Liam says tiredly. "And I admire your tenacity. I will call the council first thing in the morning. But for now, can we please sleep?" He implores me. I smile at his little yawn and grab another blanket and pillow. He lies it down on the plush couch and I tuck him in.

"You're not going to nap?" He asks. I shake my head.

"My sleep cycle will go wonky. Plus I can't shut my brain off." He nods in understanding but sits up anyway.

"Well then come here and be my pillow. I want you close." I smile and sit down and he lays his head on my lap. I tuck the blanket around him tighter and stroke his hair some more. A rumble comes from his chest and I giggle.

"I love you." He says sleepily.

"I love you too, Liam" I say and place a gentle kiss to his head as he wanders off into sleep.

True to his word, the next morning Liam called the council right away. He explained that they are there to provide a peaceful resolution to disputes among packs to prevent war. After what Liam told me the night before, I didn't have much hope but I was truly disappointed with how they handled the situation.

Liam, Sam and I all met in his office and one of the council members was on speaker phone while we all gave our statement for what we saw. He asked a few questions and said they would enquire into the situation.

That was it.

He went on to say that the results of their investigation were kept secret for the privacy of all involved.

Needless to say, I was not confident anything would get done.

"It's just ridiculous, Liam! How can they let their own kind be treated like trash?!" I had been fuming for nearly half an hour and, God bless him Liam hadn't lost his temper with me yet.

"Just try to relax, love. You have to let it play itself out. Other than going to war, there's not much else we can do." I know this. He's told me this. And even though my heart breaks thinking about it, our first priority needs to be our pack. We can't go starting wars and putting our people in danger. It's irresponsible regardless of how noble the intention.

But it still sucks.

"Come here, baby. Let me distract you." Liam says quietly from his chair in his office.

I stop pacing and uncross my arms from around my chest to saunter over to him. I straddle him in his chair and lean forward to catch his lips. They are warm, soft and so incredibly inviting. He sticks his tongue out to lick my bottom lip and I suck it into my mouth, twirling it with my own tongue the way he likes me to do to his dick. He moans and squeezes my ass, pulling me in to his growing erection. My hands wander their way up to his hair, gripping it firmly before pulling his head to expose his neck. I suck on his mark hard and his body tenses as he moans loudly.

"Lily!" He cries as I grind into him, never letting go of his mark.

"Ah, fuck!" He cries as his grip on my ass tightens. He moans louder as I continue to grind onto him, and then he stills as he pulls his neck away from me.

"What's the matter, baby?" I coo in his ear.

"Lily..." He looks at me sheepishly.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"You just made me come in my pants." He says and I swear there is a tinge of red on his cheeks. I gasp and start to climb off of him.

"No way!" I shout as I look at his lap. Sure enough there's a wet spot right in the center

"I'm so sorry, Liam!" He chuckles.

"Why should you be sorry for being so God damn sexy that you have me acting like a teenager?" I laugh and kiss him hard.

"I am gonna need you to get me a new pair of pants though." He says pointedly.

"Why?" I ask cheekily. "You don't want to walk around the pack like that?" He shakes his head and laughs again.

"Just go get me a new pair of pants, woman." I giggle and head for the door.

"Fine. I'll even make some lasagna for dinner tonight to make up for my teasing." I say.

Sam appears as soon as I finish opening the door and looks at me hopefully.

"Did I hear you say lasagna? Is it OK if I..." He trails off while he sniffs the air. "Ugh! In your office? I have to do work in there too you know. God, how cliche." I giggle and look at Liam who is now sitting pressed all the way up against his desk hiding his lap and his face is tomato red.

"Why is the Alpha blushing?" Sam asks me quietly.

"No reason." I say as I pat Sam's chest. "You're more than welcome for dinner, Sammy."

"Fine. But please tell me you've never fucked on the kitchen counter."