xxxix

[ chapter 39 ]

october 15
11:00 a.m
london, england, united kingdom

- - - - -

I woke up to the fresh sound of no alarm, no screaming Grandes, none of my annoying best friends and no abundant number of calls from my management or manager.

Peace.

It's Ariana and I's 1 year anniversary, which means today is the day I ask her to marry me.

Ever since the whole mishap with Jade, she complied to our deal and told the police, her bandmates too I believe, and everyone else the story I told her to. There was a public search for the rest of the month all the way up to October 11 for the 'culprit' but of course to no avail.

After October 11, Jade was allowed to call the case off or not. She did, saying she just wanted to 'heal and move past it'.

Nobody else knows what really happened except for the three of us that it included. I think we all swore to ourselves that we'd take this to our grave.

Anyways, we're back in London for our last two days of tour in Europe. Then, we have two more months of tours in American and we're finished. It's been a long, crazy ass journey.

As I didn't know much about London or it's sights, I didn't know where to propose to Ariana at or what I should even do. Luckily, my friends, Ariana's friends, Dean and Ariana's family helped me out with that.

Two words. Big Ben.

The place is gorgeous at night, so the plan is to walk the bridge during sunset. There's a nice restaurant that luckily sells Vegan food close by, so we'll stop there and eat till the sun fully goes down. Then, we'll walk over to the Big Ben and that's when I'll propose.

Hopefully everything goes well. Honestly, I'm a little scared. Yesterday, I went out with Nonna, Zachary, Wallace, and Dean (through FaceTime) to help me pick out an engagement ring. I only brought Nonna on Ariana's side of things because she told me that the singer has talked to her about her dream engagement ring so many times; she has it down by heart.

So of course, I'd need her. To ensure I'd be able to get what I needed, I ordered a rental car to be dropped off at the hotel this morning at 8:00 a.m on the flight last night. Also during the flight, while Ariana slept I sat with Nonna and we looked at different jewelry companies in search for the perfect ring.

Eventually, we found it and I told them to keep it safe for me in turn of a big tip and it'll all be paid in card as British people apparently hate it when they're given American money.

They agreed but asked me to pay for it in person, which I also agreed to. I'd have to go visit at 1:00 p.m today to pay and pick it up.

Anyways, it was time for step one. I got up and skipped the shower for now, knowing Ariana's gonna wanna take one together when she wakes up. I changed into some sweatpants and a sweater with a hoodie over it because it's cold as fuck here and it's only October.

I slipped on the nearest shoes to me, which were some white Air Forces and then grabbed my shit and left the hotel. I walked all the way down and easily found my rental with help of my bodyguard who was given the keys earlier.