iv

[ chapter 4 ]

august 5, 2020
9:00 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -
ariana's pov:

"Y/n Y/l/n and Ariana Grande spotted on a date at Manhattan mall. Famous singers Y/n Y/l/n and Ariana Grande spotted holding hands and talking animatedly at mall. Y/n Y/l/n and Aria-"

"Jesus fucking Christ Dalton it's 9 AM!" I yelled, cutting him off as he read headline after the other. He shot me a nasty glare.

"I don't care what fucking time it is Ariana! What is this shit?! You leave all day and suddenly you've got a new girlfriend?" My eyes widened and I gave him the hardest glare I think I've ever given someone in my life.

"Are you being fucking serious right now? A new girlfriend? Grow the fuck up, Dalton-"

"You grow the fuck up! You go out telling me you'll be at the studio, I trust you and send you off with smiles and kisses, and then you come back late as fuck with no explanation. And THEN this shit!" I fell silent.

"What do you expect me to think!" He yelled again, throwing his phone to the ground. I heard the cracks and jumped at the loud noise.

He charged towards me, honestly scaring me a bit. I froze, not knowing if I should move or just stay where I'm at.

He slowed down and completely stopped in front of me, his hard eyes and angry expression making my blood run cold.

"Did you cheat on me?" My jaw clenched and I looked him dead in his eyes.

"No. I didn't fucking cheat on you, Dalton." It even surprised myself at how low and menacing my voice was. I could tell he was taken aback, his expression faltering and eyes softening. He was still, very, clearly pissed, though.

"Then why were you out with that bitch while I was sitting here, alone, waiting for you to come back from the 'studio'." He sneered, nose scrunching in anger.

I immediately got defensive, anger and guilt overcoming my emotions.

"She's not a fucking bitch, asshole! She's my friend and my coworker. Nothing. More." He still didn't let up.

"Why did you lie and say you were going to the studio then?" I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't fucking lie. I went to the studio early, like I said I would, and Y/n was already in there since it was still her time. We worked on a song together and then we decided to take a break. Hence going to the mall." He breathed heavily through his nose, pinching the bridge of it with his right hand.

"A break that lasted all fucking day?" I groaned, now unquestionably irritated and annoyed.

"Holy shit Dalton we lost track of fucking time!" I pushed him away from me. He shot me a look but nonetheless backed down and took a few deep breaths.

"Okay." He sighed.

"Okay?"

"Yes. Okay. I believe you." My nose scrunched and I let out a sigh of relief. Regardless of him believing me, though, I was still pissed off.