xix

(smut warning, babies)

[ chapter 19 ]

december 28, 2020
1:00 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

"Great rehearsal everybody! I'll see y'all January 2nd." I smiled and hugged everybody before gathering my things.

I slipped off my sweaty shirt and changed into a white wifebeater. I did the same with my grey shorts to some black joggers. It was cold as fuck outside; I don't know why I'm wearing a tank.

I then slid back on my Nike slides and walked out of the dance studio room, sipping on my water.

"Y/n!" I heard someone shout behind me. I was half-way down the hall already, going to Ariana's room. She still had 20-30 minutes left of rehearsals as she had more dances to learn than me.

I turned around, immediately recognizing one of my background dancers; Chanel. She was lightly jogging up to me with a small smile.

"What's up?" I asked, reciprocating her smile. She shrugged. "Nothing much. Um, where're you going?" My eyebrows furrowed but I turned and gestured a little further down the hall, where Ariana's room was at.

"Going to Ariana's rehearsal. Why? Is something wrong?" I began looking behind her just in case I saw some commotion. Chanel was quick to shut that down, though.

"Oh! No, no, no, nothing's wrong. Just wondering. We're actually all going to lunch, I was just gonna ask if you wanted to come?" I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry, but I promised my girl I'd come to her session right after I was done with mine. Maybe next time?" The blonde girl pouted, giving me her best 'puppy dog eyes'. Don't get me wrong, Ms. Chanel here was not ugly— but she is definitely not my type.

"Pleasee? Just this time! She won't even know you're gon-"

"Um, excuse me, but yes the fuck I would." I couldn't help but smirk. I knew that voice anywhere.

thats my baby

I looked to my right and down, seeing Ariana standing there in all her glory. Slightly sweaty, hair pulled up into her sexy signature ponytail. She had her arms crossed over her perky chest and she was giving Chanel the dirtiest look I've ever seen.

"Oh, um-"

"My baby said no. She meant it. Take the hint and get the fuck out of here." I could tell Chanel was taken aback by Ariana's behavior. This was her in full protective, obsessive, possessive, attitude and all time diva mode.

"O-okay, sorry to bother." Chanel gave a wide eyed look at me and quickly scurried away. I looked down at my beautiful, pissed off girlfriend with raised eyebrows and an amused smirk.

"Glad you find my shit mood amusing. I think I'll find a full couch and lone bed just as nice." My jaw dropped and I was frozen for a second as Ariana began to walk away; her hips swaying behind her.

"I- baby! No!" I quickly ran after her, only for her to begin walking faster. Even in those thigh high heels she made me use some effort to keep up.