Blood And Petals | Levi x (Hanahaki Diseased) Reader

Prompt- Reader has Hanahaki Disease

Hanahaki Disease- a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up blood and flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings and memories of their love also disappear.

⚠️TW FOR BLOOD

Levi and you had been friends for years, Hange and Erwin surprised and delighted that Levi had finally gained a companion of sorts. Any free time the two of you had was spent in comfortable silence, usually in his or yours office. Still, even when words weren't exchanged the two of your were happy to have the others presence. Although things changed a few weeks back when you didn't spend as much time in there with him, doing something else and almost distancing yourself from the stoic captain. He rubbed it off as a phase, letting you do what you want and not forcing you to be his friend. He did that until he found you outside the scouts headquarters, hunched against a wall.

"Y/n?" He watched you throw a hand back towards him- a sign to stay away. "Y/n, tell me what's wrong." he said.

He walked around to your side, a gasp leaving his lips when he saw what had happened. Deep red blood laid in a puddle at your feet, petals sprinkled in the crimson scene. Levi looked to your face, paling when he small tears streaks mix with blood at your chin.

"Y/n.... why didn't you tell me? I-I can figure something out or-"

"No. Leave me alone."

Levi's sentence stuttered to a halt, his face quickly morphing into confusion.

"W-what? Why? Tell me what I can do to-"

"You can leave me alone!" you hissed.

It's was as if you had slapped him, the shock paralyzing him and giving you time to run. Levi glanced at the puddle for only a moment before sprinting the way you had gone.

He slowly gained ground on you, following you into a building and weaving through halls without losing you. Finally you stopped when you came to a dead end, cursing yourself for not thinking more about where you were going.

You stood near the end of the hall, watching as Levi skid to a halt near the open end. You erupted into a fit of coughs, blood gushing from your lips as petals clogged your throat. You breathing was ragged and you struggled to get it under control while your hands flew up, motioning for Levi to not come any closer.

"Please, I just wanna help. I'm not sure what to do a-and i'm sorry. We can get doctors and they can do a procedure where-"

"I don't want a procedure, and I don't want your help."

"Why? I thought we were friends. We are right?"

"Levi just go-"

"No! I want to help you."

"Levi you can't help me."

"Why? I'll find the person and confront them about this. I-I can threaten them. Yes, that could work. I c-"

"Levi! You can't confront them."

"Why not?"

"Because it's YOU. YOU'RE the one i'm in love with. I love you! But you don't love me back."

Levi froze. Never had he considered himself the root of the issue.

"I-I don't know what I feel. I'm not sure if I see you that way or not." he said. "B-But I could! I can learn to love you like that! I can-" he quickly added before you cut him off.

"No. You don't have to do anything. I've accepted it now. I've accepted that my days are limited but i'd like to spend them beside you instead of trying to cure it. You're not obligated to love me and I-I know that. And I don't want the procedure. I'd rather die and know you than live and forget you."

Levi had tears down his cheeks, a frown dragging his face down to mimic how he felt.

"But Y/n... you'll die. I-I can't let you die. I promised to protect you a-and..." Levi fell into sobs, the man breaking down to his knees right in-front of you.

"Levi, don't cry."

"How can I not? Your dying. Your gonna die. And it's all my fault. I can't lose you Y/n. I can't. I-I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'd live."

"No. I think i'd survive- not live. Not even close."

"Your just saying that bu-"

"No! I'm not! I need you, Y/n. I can't and I refuse to live without you."

"Levi, be honest... do you see me in your future?"

"I can't see you without it." he answered immediately, no hesitation in his words.

"Do you care about me?"

"Yes."

"More than a friend?"

"I-I think so."

"Are you saying this just because you know of my disease?"

"No, i've been thinking about it for a while but never but much thought into it until now. Y/n, I think I love you. And I truly mean it. I'm not saying it to make you feel better or anything, I truly love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. If you let me that is."

The blood and petals has dried to the floor as you noticed your breathing become easier, the petals disappearing.

"Y-You mean it?" you said through tears.

"I'd never lie to you." he responded earnestly.

You too crumpled to the floor, sobbing, as Levi got up and came to you, sitting and pulling you into him.

"I'm so sorry. I should've told you earlier. I'm so for the pain I caused. H-How long did you have it?"

"About two weeks."

"Is that why you started avoiding me?"

You nodded. "I was hoping that distancing myself might help but it just made it worse."

"I'm sorry Y/n."

"I know."

Levi hugged you tighter, his heart calming when it realized neither of you were in danger anymore. Tears slid down his cheeks as he pressed a kiss to the top of your head, a silent promise to make it up to you.

a/n- y'all idk what to say. hello! please consider following me <3

this was a request by kaorishunny

tell me something :)